Owners of the Huawei P9 have said that the screen won’t turn on. This issue is happening when the Huawei P9 buttons light up normally, while the phone’s screen stays black and nothing is showing. The Huawei P9 screen won’t turn on at random times for different people, but the common problem is that the screen fails to wake up. There could be several possible reasons that this is happening and we’ll try to give you different ways to fix the Huawei P9 screen problem.
Hit the Power button
It’s recommended that you first test the smartphone before you do anything else. You can do this by pressing on the “Power” button a few times to see if there’s an issue with the powering of the Huawei P9. If after trying to power the smartphone back on and the issue has not been fixed, continue reading the rest of this guide.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
- Hold and press the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together
- Once your phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, but still hold the other buttons until Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Use the “Volume Down” button, go to “wipe cache partition” and press on the Power button to select it.
- Once the cache partition is cleared, the Huawei P9 will reboot automatically
Read this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to clear cache on the Huawei P9 LG 
Boot to Safe Mode
Booting your smartphone into “Safe Mode” will run pre-loaded apps, and will allow you to see if another application is causing the problem. This can be done using the following steps:
- Hold and press the Power button together
- Then let go of the Power button then press and hold the Volume Down key.
- While the phone is restarting, a message saying Safe Mode will show up.
Get Technical Support
If the solutions above don’t work, than you should to your smartphone to technical supprt If the phone is defective, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired. But the main issue could be that the power button is not working on the Huawei P9.