There have been recent reports that have said the their Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus screen will not turn on even when there buttons are lighting as usual but there has nothing showing up and stays black. The main problem that people are having on the Galaxy S8 is that their screen does not turn on.
There have been people that recommend for you to connect your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus to a function power outlet just in case the root of your problem is that your device is not your battery being dead. We will give you a variety of methods you can use to solve the screen problem on your Galaxy S8 since there could be a variety of things that are causing the problem.
Power button use
It has been recommended for you to make sure that the problem is not with the Power button so you will need to quickly check it by tapping the button a few times on your Samsung Galaxy S8. We recommend for you to look at the guide below on you can fix Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus not turning if the step above does not solve your problem.
Safe Mode Boot
You will be able to see which apps are causing the problems by putting your Galaxy S8 in “Safe Mode” since your smartphone will use pre-loaded apps. You can follow the steps below to learn how to do this:
- During the same time, click and hold your Power Button.
- You can let go of the Power Button once the Samsung screen shows up. However, you must click and hold the key for Volume Down.
- You will see the text for Safe Mode while your device is restarting on the left side of your screen towards the bottom.
You can read a guide on how to boot the Galaxy S8 in and out of Safe Mode  to learn how you can do this.
Use Boot feature to get to Wipe Cache Partition and Recovery Mode
You will be able to boot your Samsung Galaxy S8 and get your smartphone into Recovery Mode by looking at the instructions below:
- Get the phone into Recovery Mode.
- You can release the Power Button once the phone vibrates but you still need to hold the two other buttons until you see the screen for Android System Recovery show up.
- Look for the “Wipe Cache Partition” by scrolling to find using your Volume Down button and then clicking on it by using the Power Button.
- Your Galaxy S8 will automatically reboot once the cache partition has been erased.
Take a look at how to clear cache on the Galaxy S8  so you can get a more specific way on how to do this process.
Technical Support Help
We recommend for your to take your Samsung Galaxy S8 to a shop or store that can fix your phone if the steps you took above to do not work to solve your Samsung Galaxy S8 from turning back on. You might be able to a replacement if a technician says that it is defective. However, the most likely problem is that your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus power button is not functioning properly.