If you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus and are experiencing troubles with your screen not rotating when you turn the phone, this article will present some basic troubleshooting tips and a couple of suggestions for fixing the issue.
There are two basic possible causes for the screen rotation problem with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7+.
- A software issue. This is likely just a setting that can be fixed by you, but it could also be something more than just a setting that will require an Apple technician to fix or possibly even replace your iPhone.
- A hardware issue. The accelerometer, the device in your iPhone that measures the force of acceleration, is not working properly. When it’s working properly, your iPhone’s accelerometer should be able to accurately detect the angle at which your iPhone’s being held.
Either of these problems with your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus could cause your screen not to rotate when you turn the phone.
The first thing to try is to check whether you have your screen orientation locked enabled, preventing the screen from rotating. Follow the instructions below to unlock the Portrait Orientation Lock feature.
- Turn on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
- From the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap on the lock icon
- Now change the orientation of your screen to make sure the screen rotation is working
If this doesn’t resolve the problem, then you may need to do a hard reset of your phone. Check out this article on how to How To Hard Reset iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus. 
If changing the screen orientation lock setting and resetting the phone doesn’t resolve the problem, then you most likely have a hardware issue.
Some people recommend giving your Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus a relatively gentle smack with the back of your hand to see if that “unsticks” the accelerometer. Giving your phone a vigorous shake is probably safer and equally effective at achieving the goal of “unsticking” your phone’s accelerometer.
If these approaches to fixing the problem don’t fix the screen rotation issue on phone, you may have to take your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7+ in for service at an Apple Store.
If you found this article useful in helping you troubleshoot the screen rotation issue, you may find other TechJunkie articles on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to be useful, including these articles:
- How To Use Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Split Screen View 
- How To Reset Password On iPhone 7 Plus When Locked Out 
- How To Cut, Copy And Paste On Apple iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus 
Do you have any other suggestions for resolving problems where the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus screen rotation problem? If so, please share them with us below in a comment!