The latest smartphones despite having a limited display can still give us great gaming experiences. As the latest flagships for Samsung, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus are proud to have incredible features for gamers. Exclusive to your flagship device is the Game Launcher which you won’t be able to find on any other Samsung smartphone.
We show you all that you need to know about Game Launcher. Basics, how to set it up and how to get the best out of it.
Buckle up Gamers! Get ready for one great ride.
A Short Intro to the New Game Launcher on Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
The Game Launcher is a set of tools that benefits from its own custom icon and a small on-screen window that is active as long as you are using the tools. It was developed not just to help you launch all your games from the same place but also:
- Allows you to customize some keys of your device and block them during the game – see the Recent and Back buttons
- Lets you block all alerts, except for incoming calls while you play
- Take screenshots or filming your gaming sessions
- Adjust resolution and frame rate to save battery life
Simple Steps for Setting up Game Launcher Tools
Your Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will not have the Game Launcher activated out of the box. To be able to set this up you will need to come up with shortcuts on the Home and Apps screen and to Launch it for the first time subject to terms and conditions.
- Go to the Advanced Settings under the General Settings from your Notifications bar
- Press on Games and choose the Game Launcher – this should automatically move its icon to the Home and Apps screen
- Go back to the Home Screen and launch the Game Launcher
- Read the terms and conditions
- Tap the Start button to confirm that you accepted its policy
Now you are almost ready to start using it…
The Most Important Game Launcher Options Explained
You must be excited by now, you now know what Game Launcher is and you have activated it on your Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus. The only thing left now is to get it going. Here we show you what it takes to launch your mobile gaming experience and take it to a whole new level!
After you launch the App, you should be able to see a list of all the games previously installed on your smartphone whether from Google Play Store or the Galaxy apps.
The last section of this first window will display 2 essential options:
- Mute or unmute games while leaving normal volume alone
- Performance mode or battery saving mode
These options are self-explanatory, you will be able to save on battery life by settling for a lower frame rate and resolution. You can also block any notifications and alerts while you are playing.