How to Swap Faces in Snapchat
Snapchat is one of the most fun social media apps you have at your disposal. You can post pictures, take videos, add filters, earn points, and be totally creative to express yourself. Some use it as a branding platform, as well as simply personal use, to give you the latest inside information about their ventures and personal stats.
When you’re feeling a little goofy, there is a feature Snapchat users call “face swapping”—you can switch your face with someone else’s. It’s great fun and sometimes a bit strange or creepy, to say the least.
Want to know how to face swap on the Snapchat app? Follow along and we’ll discuss all the ways that you can utilize this built-in Snapchat feature.
Front-Facing and Rear-Facing Camera
The face swapping feature is accessible from either the front or rear camera on your mobile device. Once you’ve opened the Snapchat app:
- Hold down on your display where your face shows up. You’ll see swirling lines, which is the app getting the face you’ll be swapping with into focus, if you’re using the camera located on the back of your mobile device. Otherwise, from the front-facing camera, you’ll see a bunch of lines capturing your face and bringing it into focus.
- Next, scroll over and tap on the face swapping icon. It’s the round, yellow icon with two white smiley faces and arrows. Now you and another person get in the position of the faces displayed on your mobile device’s screen. When you’re both in the correct position, the two yellow smiley faces are shown in full view.
- Now your face should be on the other person’s, and vice versa. The last thing you’re going to do is snap the picture of the two of you. Just tap the icon that you’ve selected to snap a picture from the front-facing camera. When you’re using the rear camera on your device, tap the circle in the bottom middle of the screen to snap the photo.
Use Existing Photos Stored on Your Device
To use the face swapping feature with your face and a photo stored on your mobile device:
- Use the front-facing camera on your mobile device. Simply hold down on your face on your mobile screen. You’re going to see the lines capturing the area that your face takes up on the mobile display.
- Swipe all the way to the last icon in the Snapchat app. It’s a purple circle with a camera and a smiley face and an arrow pointing from the camera to the smiley face. This indicates that your face is going to get swapped with a photo selected from one stored on your mobile device. The app brings up pictures for you to choose from, then just scroll through until you land on the one you want to use for the face swap.
Once you’ve figured out how to do face swapping, it’s a breeze.
Now you’re in the know about face swapping from the Snapchat app. If you want to be in the know about another cool thing with Snapchat, check out how to screenshot without them knowing. We’ll continue to bring you more tips and helpful guides for all your social media and tech needs, so check back often . . . and thanks for reading!