The Best Captions for Indianapolis
The capital of Indiana, like every other capital, is a populous, colorful, and vibrant city. As such, it is full of numerous photo opportunities and exciting attractions. Races, art, and flora and fauna play a large part in this city, and you’re likely to feature at least one of these in your photos.
The city is widely known for beer, speedways, as well as the Indianapolis Museum of Art. The most important Indy (that’s what the city is sometimes referred to as) label, despite the sports, beer, and sights to see, would be ‘fun.’ This means a ton of pictures to put on social media that crave great captions. Finding inspiration for captions is sometimes simply difficult. Here’s some help.
Indianapolis Museum of Art
Located to the north of the city center, right in the Newfields park, the Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) is home to masterpieces, featuring the likes of Picasso, Rembrandt, and O’Keeffe. The IMA is in the top 10 of the oldest and largest encyclopedic art museums in the entire United States.
Awe and inspiration are the vibes that should be central in your captions, which isn’t too hard when looking at the works of art from history’s grandmasters.
Indianapolis Museum of Art Caption Ideas
- “I had no idea so many art pieces by Rembrandt were actually kept right here in Indy. Looking at something drawn by an artist centuries ago is truly chilling and exciting.”
- “I knew that some of Picasso’s art ended up here in the States, but definitely didn’t expect to see it in Indy. Famille de saltimbanques is simple just as it is weird.”
- “I came to Indy to see the Pacers play and ended up astounded by the sheer amount of awesome art here at IMA. Absolutely unexpected!”
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The Indianapolis 500 is a legendary car race here in the US, and it is run on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, less than ten miles northwest from downtown. The other two famous events to take place here are the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race and the Red Bull Indianapolis GP. Perhaps the most fascinating thing about the Speedway is that it has been popular for over a century now, ever since the 500-mile race, all the way back in 1911.
Let’s assume that you are snapping photos here on one of the three popular racing events. Depending on the vibe, you should go with the emotions that best describe a particular one.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Caption Ideas
- “Beer, tacos, and NASCAR. Maybe I’m not a huge fan of watching this event on TV, but to attend one means to truly live it!”
- “Quite a privilege to be in Indy during the legendary and awesome Indianapolis 500! These racers make driving a true form of art.”
- “Even if you are not a fan of races, the IMS is quite a beauty to behold. Oh, and so is the number of people attending.”
The Indianapolis Zoo is an institution that’s been here for more than five decades. As such, it plays a key role in worldwide animal research and conservation. Although it is predominantly a zoo, it contains an aquarium, as well as a botanical garden, which means that there is plenty of wildlife to take a picture of here. The amazing thing here is that the aquarium features a coral reef ecosystem, which isn’t available in most other aquariums out there.
The captions here should focus on wildlife, with a hint of cuteness. The general vibe you’re going for is life and nature.
Indianapolis Zoo Caption Ideas
- “I’m definitely not a fan of zoos, but there is a special thing about this one that inspired me to come. Apparently, it plays a huge role in worldwide research and species conservation.”
- “These giraffes might not be free to roam the plain, but the sheer size of this building doesn’t seem to really feel too limiting for them.”
- “The coral reef ecosystem was an absolute blast! So many colorful species, made me want to dive in and join them!”
Indianapolis Is Diverse
As you can see, from a museum and a zoo to a racetrack, the sights to visit in Indianapolis are very diverse. Naturally, there are many other places to visit in Indy, but that is best left to your own exploration. Wherever you choose to go, make sure to take a lot of snaps and come up with cool captions for them.
Have you ever visited Indianapolis? Feel free to share some of your favorite photos and the accompanying captions in the comment section below.