Couple selfies—yes they’re actually a “thing.” When you’re in a relationship, you’re generally bursting to share pictures of yourself and your other half. Plus, you need to do something with the 200 new selfies the two of you took while hanging out on your date last weekend . . . might as well post a few of the best to Instagram, right? (Add some romantic or silly filters while you’re at it.) But what to say when you post your couple selfie? Maybe you’re clowning around and trying to think of something funny or witty to caption your selfie, or maybe you’re trying to find the words to be sappy and sweet, but you’re just not the romantic, love-letter-writing type.
We already gave you a ton of ideas for your best friend captions and selfie captions . . . but if you’re looking for a cute caption or saying that suits you and your mate, we’ve written up an excellent reference list for you and your hunny to choose the perfect words from to add to your Instagram couple selfies.
First, so that your Instagram couple selfies actually seem genuine to your personality, think about what kind of couple you are. We’ve broken down our caption ideas into categories, based on your couple personality, or the mood of your selfie. No matter the category you fit into, we’re sure there are some words of wisdom that will match your selfie.
Cute Couple Captions
You’re the couple who is just “too cute together”—that’s what everybody tells you, anyway. You’re the couple who is happy, content, and sweet to each other. Your friends may tease you by saying, “You guys are so cute together you make me want to throw up!” (But secretly, they’re just jealous that they don’t have the kind of relationship you do.) Here’s the list of captions we’ve got for all you cutesy-type couples.
- We go together like cupcakes and frosting.
- You are my favorite distraction.
- Some people are worth melting for.
- I like when you smile, but I love when I’m the reason.
- I know they say there’s plenty of fish in the sea, but I think you’re my Nemo.
- Can I tie your shoes? I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
- I don’t care if it’s rude to stare—you’re cute and therefore I shall stare.
- I fell in love with you because of a million things you never knew you were doing.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.
- Every time my phone goes off, I hope it’s you.
- I’m in love with you and all your little things.
- I think you’re lacking vitamin me.
- I thought I was normal until I met you. Then, I realized we’re both pretty weird and I like that about us.
- Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I will give it back.
- You don’t love someone for their looks or their clothes or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
Silly Couple Captions
You’re that couple that’s the life of the party and the goofiest ones in the room. You make each other laugh, and other people around you can’t help but smile when they’re around you, too. You might be a silly couple if you’ve ever ruined a tender, romantic moment with an ill-timed joke or silly expression. You’re like the class clown—times two. If this description fits you and your significant other, we’ve got some silly captions for you to add to those goofy Instagram pictures—you know, the ones where you’re making the kind of faces that only the other can love.
- Haters gonna hate.
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is one step outside your comfort zone.
- I tried to be normal once—worst two minutes of my life.
- Most of the time she’s a lady, but every once in a while, a dirty old man with a drinking problem comes out.
- I’m not so sure about an inner child, but I have an inner idiot that surfaces every now and then.
- Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they’re dealing with.
- I came. I saw. I made it awkward.
- Despite the contradictory advice circulated in the late ’90s, if you want to be my lover, please do not get with my friends.
- It’s funny how when I’m loud, people tell me to be quiet—but when I’m quiet, people ask me what’s wrong.
- If she’s honest, funny, laid back, can hold her liquor, has a dirty mind and an even dirtier vocabulary, eats pizza, and lets you touch her butt…Marry her yesterday.
Have you finally found the love of your life and know it’s true? You’re the couple who is done playing around, done playing the dating game, and done looking for “the one.” You’ve found your “one” and can’t imagine spending the rest of your life with anyone else. You may be 16 or 60, but you just know that your significant other is your true love, not just another fish in the sea. If you are the couple that feels deeply that your love is true, sincere, and lasting, then these are some perfect captions to express that sentiment.
- It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life and you can’t remember how you ever lived without them.
- You are my today and all of my tomorrows.
- By the way, I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
- What I have with you I don’t want with anyone else.
- I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
- Your arms feel more like home than any house ever did.
- I wish I could turn back the clock—I’d find you sooner and love you longer.
- The best love is the one that makes you a better person without changing you into someone other than yourself.
- You’re my favorite place to go when my mind searches for peace.
- In case you ever foolishly forget, I am never not thinking about you.
- You have this incredible way of making my heart happy.
- That person who enters your life out of nowhere and suddenly means the world to you.
- I have found the one whom my soul loves.
- I want to be with you until my last page.
- Love is friendship that has caught fire.
- Forget the butterflies, I feel the whole zoo when I am with you.
- You don’t cross my mind—you live in it.
- The first time I saw you, my heart whispered, “that’s the one.”
- I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn’t love myself.
- I fell in love with the way you touched me without using your hands.
- She knew she loved him when ‘home’ went from a place to being a person.
- You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.
- Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason.
- When you can’t look on the bright side, I’ll sit in the dark with you.
- Maybe I’m too late to be your first, but right now I’m preparing myself to be your last.
So, what category do you and your “bae” fit into? Chances are, you can probably fit yourself into one of the above categories, and some of these captions should be fitting to caption your couple selfies, whatever your mood or personality. Whether you’re seeking silly, cute, or true love captions for your Instagram photos, you’re bound to find one from our list that suits you. So, post away!