Instagram Stories: Which Disney Character Are You?
The newest Disney sensation is all over Instagram!
After the “All I Want for Christmas Is You“ filter launched us right into the festive season, your inner child can now enjoy a brand-new obsession on this social platform. A filter that can tell you which Disney character you are!
If you want to know whether you’re a princess, a hero, or a villain, keep reading this article to find out all about this awesome new filter.
Where Do I Find the Disney Filter?
There are two ways to access the filter.
1. From a Friend’s Story
You’ve been casually swiping through your friends’ stories and suddenly you see this amazing Disney filter that you want to try immediately. You can do so directly from this person’s story:
- Tap on the name of the filter – it’s right under your friend’s Instagram name.
- You’ll see four options at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the first one: Try It.
- You’ll be taken to your Instagram camera – make sure it’s set to the front one.
- Wait until the filter recognizes a face – a sticker will appear above your head.
- Tap and hold the button with the Disney castle at the bottom of the screen to make a video.
- Release the button when a character has been assigned to you. Proceed with the usual steps to share the video with your followers!
2. From the Filter’s Creator
- Open your Instagram app.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen to open Search.
- Go to @arnopartissimo.
- See the Stories Highlights and tap on the one named WHICH DISNEY?
- Tap on the filter’s name at the top of the screen, then continue with previously described steps 3-7.
Note that once you’ve tried out the Disney filter, you can access it again from you camera.
- Launch Instagram on your phone.
- Tap on the camera icon in the top left corner of your homepage.
- You’ll see different icons on the both sides of the button you use to take photos.
- Disney filter, and all other filters you’ve downloaded and tried, are saved on the left side of the button.
I Can’t Find the Filter, What Should I Do?
If you can’t find it either way, go to the App Store or the Google Play Store and check for updates. You might need to update Instagram do access this filter.
If you tap on the Disney filter’s name from your friend’s story, you won’t be able to tap on the Try It icon unless you update the app.
You will also see a notification that Instagram needs updating before you can try the filter.
Can I Change the Character I First Got?
Unlike popular Facebook quizzes that test your personality and assign you a Disney doppelgänger based on your answers, this filter seems to be totally random. It isn’t based on your looks, nor personality traits. You may get your favorite character, but you might end up with a villain you hate.
If you’re not happy with the character you’re assigned when you first try out this filter, you can repeat it numerous times until you get one you’d like to share with your followers.
How Do I Remove This Filter?
You can remove this filter if you don’t want to use it anymore. It’s very simple:
- Tap on the camera icon in the top left corner of your Instagram homepage.
- Swipe the filters at the bottom of the screen to find the Disney filter.
- Tap on the filter’s name Which Disney below the collection of filters.
- Tap on the first icon which now says Saved to remove the filter.
- When the filter is removed, the icon will say Save the effect.
If you’d like to try out some other filters, you can tap the Browse effects icon, featured in the same menu. You can also report it or see more effects created by the same author, by tapping on More, then on Report effect or See more by this account.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Which Disney Are You of Them All?
Hardly anybody stayed immune to this cute filter.
Celebrities couldn’t resist it either, especially the ones who actually voiced some of our favorite characters. Did you know that Instagram doesn’t think Josh Gad is actually Olaf from Frozen? Check out his official Instagram account to see which character this effect assigned him.
What about you? Which Disney character are you? Let us know in the comments section below!