How to Use Drafts on Instagram
Is there a post you aren’t quite ready to publish on Instagram and want to return to it later? Then, you can save it as a draft and come back to it when you have time to add more filters and write the caption. Fortunately, utilizing this function isn’t difficult once you know the steps involved.
If you’ve been wondering how to use drafts on Instagram, you’ve come to the right place. As a bonus, learn how long drafts last and how to delete them. Plus, find out where to find saved Reels.
How to Use Instagram Drafts on an iPhone
- How to Use Instagram Drafts on an iPhone
- How to Use Instagram Drafts on an Android Phone
- How to Use Instagram Drafts on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
- How Do You Access Your Drafts on Instagram?
- How to Edit Your Drafts on Instagram
- Where Are My Reels Drafts on Instagram?
- Additional FAQ
- Over to You
If you use an iPhone and want to learn how to save drafts on Instagram, this is what you need to do:
- Launch “Instagram” on your phone.
- Tap on the plus icon on the lower part of the screen.
- Take a new photo or upload an existing one from your “Library.”
- Click on “Next.”
- Choose filters, edit the brightness, contrast, etc.
- Tap on “Next.”
- Click on the back arrow on the top right corner of the screen to return to filters.
- Go back once again. You’ll get a message asking you if you want to save the draft. Tap on “Save Draft.”
Bear in mind that it’s only possible to save the draft if you add Instagram filters to the post, edit it, tag friends, or write a caption. If you only upload the post without all this and go back, Instagram won’t ask you if you want to save the draft.
How to Use Instagram Drafts on an Android Phone
If you have an Android phone and want to save drafts on Instagram, this is what you should do:
- On your Android smartphone, open “Instagram.”
- Click on the plus icon on the bottom part of the screen.
- Add a photo from your library or take a new photo.
- Click “Next.”
- Once in “Filters,” choose the filters for the photo. Edit the brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- Tap on “Next.”
- Then, click on the back arrow to go back and go back once again.
- You’ll now see a pop-up window asking you whether you want to save the image as a draft. Click on “Save Draft.”
How to Use Instagram Drafts on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
Now that you know how to save drafts on a mobile phone, you’re probably wondering if the same is possible when you use a computer. For the time being, you can’t save drafts if you use Instagram on your computer. That said, if you need to save a post, you should do so on your smartphone instead.
How Do You Access Your Drafts on Instagram?
Accessing drafts on Instagram isn’t that difficult. The steps are the same whether you use an iPhone or an Android. Here’s how to do it:
- Open “Instagram” on your phone.
- Click on the plus icon.
- In your “Library” you’ll see “Recents,” which are photos and videos from your mobile phone. You’ll also see “Drafts.” Here you can find the saved photo. Tap on the item from “Drafts” to open it.
How to Edit Your Drafts on Instagram
It’s possible to edit drafts on Instagram once you load the photo. To edit them, you’ll follow the same steps as if you were uploading something for the first time. This is what you need to do:
- Once you open the photo from “Drafts,” tap on “Next.”
- Now, you will notice “Edit” in blue, below the image. Tap on it.
- This will take you back to the “Filter” page.
Where Are My Reels Drafts on Instagram?
If you’ve saved a Reel on Instagram, how do you access it? Is there a particular location for Reels, or are these drafts in the same place as regular drafts? Instagram makes sure that drafts are user-friendly. Therefore, you can find the saved Reels in the “Drafts” section.
Now that you know everything about saving and editing drafts on Instagram, here are some questions Instagram users often ask.
How Do I Delete Drafts from Instagram?
If you want to delete drafts from Instagram, this is what you should do:
1. Open “Instagram.”
2. Click on the plus icon.
3. On the right side of “Drafts,” you’ll see “Manage.” Click on it.
4. Then, click on “Edit.”
5. Finally, click on “Discard Posts.” Confirm you want to delete the draft.
How Long Do Instagram Drafts Last?
In reality, Instagram drafts don’t have a life span. However, some users have complained of their drafts suddenly disappearing. If this happens to you, it’s most likely a glitch in Instagram. You can reach out to their support and see if they can help you fix the issue.
Over to You
As you see, managing drafts on Instagram is relatively simple. You can now save as many drafts as you want, and then edit them when you want to publish the post. Once you finish, delete the draft so that it doesn’t clutter your “Drafts” space.
Do you often save posts on Instagram? Have you had issues with Instagram deleting your drafts? Let us know in the comments section below.