How to Install Discord on Amazon Fire Stick
The Amazon Fire Stick can only be set up for Amazon’s official app store. In other words, Fire Stick users can’t use any of the apps from the Google Play Store.
Discord is one of the apps found in Google’s official app store. Does that mean that Fire Stick users have to say their farewells to Discord and other Google Play Store apps?
Not at all. This article will show you a side-route which should allow you to download Discord on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
Installing Discord on Amazon Fire Stick
A few tweaks here and there, and the most popular Google Play Store apps will be available to you on your Amazon Fire Stick, despite the limitations.
However, keep in mind that we’ll never actually use the real Google Play Store in this tutorial. Downloading the real Google Play Store is a complicated process as you’ll need to root your Amazon Fire Stick device. Therefore, we will use alternative app stores that mimic the Google Play Store.
Downloading the Alternative App Store – YALP
YALP is one of the best alternatives that offers thousands of Google Play Store apps. So, the first step is to download this app. Since downloading it straight away isn’t possible, you’ll need to adjust certain settings first.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Navigate to your Amazon Fire Stick’s Settings.
- Use your controller to find the My Fire TV option and select it.
- Select Developer Options from My Fire TV’s options menu.
- Enable ADB debugging.
- Enable Apps from Unknown Sources. That will allow your Fire Stick device to download apps from third-party websites. Although this isn’t advised, the websites that we’ll mention in this article are completely reliable.
After you’ve changed those settings, navigate to your home screen and select the Apps tab. Go to Categories and select Productivity.
You should now look for the Downloader app. Once you’ve found it, hit the middle circle button on your Amazon Fire Stick controller to download it.
The Downloader app will come in quite handy as it allows you to directly download certain apps. Open the Downloader app after it has finished installing.
We will use Downloader to download another app called FileLinked. The FileLinked app is used to store different APKs. One of them is the YALP app store.
To download FileLinked, type the following URL and click GO: http://get.filelinked.com.
After you’ve done that, the Downloader will automatically download and install the FileLinked app.
Open FileLinked and search for the YALP app store. Click on the download button located on the right side of your screen and wait for the YALP app store to be installed.
Using the YALP Store to Download Discord
Now that you are all set up and ready to go, let’s proceed to the main part of this article. Here’s how you can use the YALP app store to download Discord and other Google Play Store apps.
- Open the YALP app store. Once this app is opened, you will be able to see all of the apps that you have installed on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left of your screen. That will open another menu.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll all the way down and select the “Pretend to Be a Different Device” option. This will allow your Amazon Fire Stick to literally mask as another device. That’s necessary because the Google Play Store doesn’t support the Fire Stick. Although you won’t be using the Google Play Store directly, adjusting these settings is necessary.
- Select the device that you want your Fire Stick to appear as.
- Go back to YALP’s initial screen and select the three horizontal lines again.
- This time, select Categories. You will notice that all of the displayed categories are exactly the same as in the Google Play Store.
- Select the appropriate category and search for the app that you want. For this purpose, you should choose Communication and search for Discord.
- Finally, download Discord and wait until it is installed on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Use Discord Online
A big downside to downloading apps through alternative app stores is that they might not always be available. For example, Discord might be available in YALP’s app collection one day, but it might get removed the very next day. Some Google Play Store apps were never included in YALP’s app collection to begin with.
If you want to avoid this risk and still use Discord on your Amazon Fire Stick, it might be best to use Discord online.
All that you have to do is visit this website, log in, and voila. Of course, you won’t be able to use all of the features found in the Discord app, but the ones that are offered online might just be enough.
Enjoy Downloading Google Play Store Apps on Amazon Fire Stick
The things mentioned in this tutorial could be a lot to handle if you’ve never tweaked your Fire Stick’s settings. However, all of the steps are pretty straightforward, so take your time and go through each part of the process slowly to ensure success.
Have you managed to download Discord using our tutorial? Are there any additional apps that you’ve downloaded? Let us know in the comments below.