For those that own a Samsun Galaxy S7 Edge, it’s very common to get locked out of Galaxy S7 Edge. Many solutions to reset the password when locked out of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge requires to complete a hard factory reset  which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Galaxy S7 Edge backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy S7 Edge when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge when you get locked out.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy S7 Edge has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy S7 Edge restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge . It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy S7 Edge. If you have not already registered the Galaxy S7 Edge with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Galaxy S7 Edge with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Password Reset with Android Device Manager
Another solution to reset the password on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is for those that have already registered their Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Galaxy S7 Edge password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Go to the Android Device Manager  from a computer
- Find your Galaxy S7 Edge on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your Galaxy S7 Edge
- Create a new password