There it is – L.A., The City of Angels, La-La Land. The second-largest city in the United States has a reputation for being associated with the entertainment industry. Certainly, celebrity culture permeates the city’s spirit profoundly, but there’s a lot more to it than that. This city has it all; whether you’re into nightlife, academic pursuits, or stargazing, you won’t be disappointed.
You don’t want to leave Los Angeles without getting some great memories. The best way to preserve those memories is with great captions. Keep reading to find out about some of the best places to get your Kodak moments according to locals and how to caption them like a pro.
The Hollywood Walk of Fame
No trip to Tinseltown would be complete without a visit to the Walk of Fame. These 16 blocks of sidewalk are lined with over 2600 stars with all the biggest celebrities from the past 60+ years. The Walk is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country and the world. You can even search for your favorite celebrities online. You’ll get directions and GPS coordinates to their star so you can get a picture. There are about three and a half miles of stars, so it will be a long hike for one day.
Walk of Fame Captions
- “The only real star on this sidewalk.”
- “I think I lost my return ticket, guess I’ll have to stay!”
- “So many stars, so little time.”
- “Pretty soon my name will be on one of these.”
- “Come for the stars, stay for the atmosphere. I love LA!”
Universal Studios Hollywood
The production company that brought us such classics as Jurassic Park and Psycho has been around for over 100 years. The Hollywood Studios theme park is about half that age but continues to attract millions of visitors every year. It’s easy to see why three sister parks were eventually opened around the globe.
When you’re visiting Universal, it’s going to mostly be about the attractions. The Wizard World of Harry Potter is a great place to snap a few pictures in Diagon Alley. Or maybe you’d like to frame the moment you met a lifesize Transformer in the lower lot. Take a look at these captions to make your pictures a little more magical.
Universal Studios Captions
- “Good company, sunshine, and butterbeer. Need I say more?”
- “5 flavors of churro? Where have you been my whole life?”
- “Just got to hang out with Optimus Prime, no big deal.”
- “I just got sorted into Gryffindor! Dreams do come true.”
The Getty Museum
Known as “The Getty” to locals, this art venue will scratch your cultural enrichment itch. Don’t miss a chance to visit the Getty Villa while you’re in LA, too. Renovated in 2006, the museum and villa are home to thousands of classical works of art and antiquities. How would you like to get a picture with a Rembrandt painting or an ancient Greek sculpture? The Getty is sure to be an unforgettable experience for art lovers.
Pictures are allowed in the permanent collections, within reason. Here are a few ideas for how to caption your photos from The Getty Museum and Villa.
Getty Museum Captions
- “It’s good to remember that, at some point, selfies took weeks to finish.”
- “I can’t believe I’m standing next to a 2000-year-old piece of carved marble.”
- “If a picture is a poem without words, this is the best poem I’ve ever read.”
- “’Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth.’ — Picasso”
The Hollywood Sign
Probably the most prevalent establishing shot in movie history, the sign was originally created to advertise real estate developments. These days, the exposure it has received makes it the iconic landmark of the City of Angels. Just like a trip to Paris wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower, don’t leave LA until you’ve gotten a picture with the Hollywood Sign.
Hollywood Sign Captions
- “Is this where I stand so I get discovered?”
- “The hike was totally worth it, this thing is bigger than it looks!”
- “Hollywood is my mood.”
- “This is the place where dreams come true.”
- “I never thought I’d be so excited to see a sign!”
Flowers, Sunshine, and Great Vibes
When people think of Los Angeles, the image that comes to mind is a casual cool luxury. Sure, there are multimillion-dollar contracts being negotiated around the corner, but the city is as welcoming and humble as you want to make it. When captioning your posts, think about what Marlon Brando would say if he were in your shoes. These are just some of the great places in LA to visit; you won’t have to walk very far to find other impressive landmarks here.
Los Angeles locals, what are the must-see destinations you think visitors should add to their trip schedules? Visitors, what are you most looking forward to seeing on your trip? Let us know in the comments below.