How To Make a Photo Collage in an Instagram Story
Instagram is the number one website for creating and sharing photos. You can put together some great pictures if you know how to use the available effects. Today, we will investigate how to create cool photo collages on Instagram. The process is easy and straightforward and only takes several minutes. Keep reading and learn how to create a photo collage in an Instagram Story.
Start with Creating a Background for Your Collage
The first thing you have to do is create a background for your photo collage. Instagram Stories can help you do that, and with a little practice you can come up with some exciting and unique collages. Here is what you have to do to create a background.
- Open Instagram Stories on your phone.
- Take a photo using the “Normal” shooting mode. (You can’t use videos in your collages.)
- Tap the “Brush Tool” to add color to your background.
- Tap and hold a color at the bottom to select the one you want to use.
- Press and hold your finger anywhere on the screen to fill it with the color you picked. (It’s possible to change background colors later).
- If you want a black background, you can take a photo of any surface with your phone placed face down on it.
When you are done with selecting your basic background, it’s time to add some photos from your Camera Roll.
Add Photos from Your Camera Roll (iOS)
- Open the Camera Roll on your iOS Device.
- Tap a photo you want to open the preview.
- Tap the “Share Icon” button at the bottom left.
- Tap “Copy” to copy the photo to your clipboard.
- The next step is to add the photos you want to use to Instagram Stories.
Add Photos to Instagram Stories
- Open Instagram Stories.
- Find the sliding Pop-up window at the bottom.
- Tap “Add Sticker” and paste it in the photo you’ve added from the clipboard.
- Hit “Done.”
- Edit your photo the way you like. Your options include Resize, Rotate, and Positioning. You can move the photo around the background and place it wherever you want it.
- Repeat the process for each photo you import from your Camera Roll to your Stories.
The Finishing Touches
- Tap the photos to set their arrangement from the front to the back.
- You can change the background color you picked by tapping the “Brush Tool.” Then hit “Select Color” and hold your finger on the screen until it turns into the color you want.
- You can then add borders and hand-drawn illustrations with the “Brush Tool.”
- You can also add stickers, emoticons, and other effects to make your collage stand out.
That’s basically everything you need to know to create Instagram Stories with multiple pictures. If you want to come up with something unique, you should think about using third-party apps with special effects.
Use Third-Party Apps to Make Unique Collages for Instagram Story
Instagram comes with only so many effects that you can use to create your Stories. So if you want to come up with something unique, you’ll need some help from third-party apps that have additional effects and features. Here are some of the most popular image editing apps you can use.
A Design Kit
The A Design Kit is a popular app that can help you breathe some life into your Instagram Stories. You can find dozens of stickers, backgrounds, brushes, textures, colors, and other tools you can use to make your photos stand out. The effects will make your stories colorful, and you can add your personal touch to make your collages instantly recognizable.
Adobe Spark Post
The Adobe Spark Post app is among the best options for absolute beginners. The app has several thousands of templates you can use for Instagram Stories. It also offers millions of stock photos, fonts, filters, and other useful resources.
Mojo will provide you with all the tools you need to create a unique Instagram Story. Use animated templates to make a bigger impact and impress your followers and clients. You can customize them to your liking by adding effects, animations, colors, cropping, and so on.
The app allows you to use animated templates for both videos and photos. Use your creativity to come up with some cool Instagram Stories that will engage you’re your existing followers and draw in new ones.
Make Your Instagram Stories Irresistible
You have to put some extra effort when creating Instagram Stories if you want to engage your followers. Most stories created with Instagram look alike, so users just scroll through them. But if you add some extra effects to your collage with a third-party app, everyone is going to want to see it. With a little practice, your Stories could become a hit on Instagram.