How To Make a Photo Collage on the iPhone
Photo collages are a fantastic way to share more than one photo in a single post or share a story. There are hundreds of possible situations or scenarios where you will want to create and share a collage. Maybe you just got a new puppy, or just got a number of new outfits you want to show off. Whatever the reason, collages are a simple and easy way to do so.
Unfortunately iPhone does not have a built-in feature that lets you create a photo collage. As a result, you have to download an app from the App Store to be able to create great photo collages on the iPhone. The App Store is full of dozens and dozens of apps that help you create photo collages. With so many available, it can be tough to pick which one to use.
In narrowing down our picks to the three below, we took into account the following characteristics:
- Recent updates. Many photo collage apps have been abandoned, and do not work well with pictures taken on the iPhone 7 or newer.
- High star ratings. The apps listed below have an average star rating in the app store of 4+.
- High number of star ratings. The best apps have a lot of users, so we ranked based on the number of star ratings each of these apps had received.
- Free functionality. Collage apps can be pricey, both to purchase and to buy additional functionality for.
- Variety of layouts. The apps listed below come with dozens or hundreds of eye-pleasing options for laying out your pictures, ensuring you can find one that suits your images.
With tens of millions of users, PhotoGrid is one of the best choices if you are looking to create photo collages on the iPhone. The app comes loaded with over 300 different layouts, so you will never run out of ways to combine your pictures in fantastic ways.
There are also a few different editing tools within the app that can make the photos in your collage even better. The app also has a number of stickers, backgrounds and fonts to decorate your collages. Finally, the app is completely free.
If you’re an Instajunkie, this is the app for you. It comes preloaded with collage templates for the infamous 1:1 Instagram ratio, as well as 16:9 to make perfect Instagram Story collages.
If you want one of the most fully-functioned collage maker apps on the iPhone, this is the app for you. Over 190 million people have used Pic Collage to make perfect groupings of their favorite photos.
The app includes a number of templates, ways to decorate your collage, add text, touch gestures, and more. The app also features a clean design and is very simple to use. Pic Collage also makes it easy to share your collages on different social media accounts.
The only downside is that Pic Collage is not completely free. If you want access to advance features or want to remove the watermark from your pictures, you’ll need to pay the $4.99/month subscription fee.
If you search for “photo collage” in the App Store, you’ll get a million results. Find the one made by “Collageable.” The app includes hundreds of collage layouts, frames, stickers and body filters to make your photos look as good as possible.
Tips for making a photo collage on iPhone
When you’re using these apps, keep in mind that a photo collage is not just a bunch of random pictures stuck together. For example, the pictures should help you tell a story or demonstrate a particular theme. For best results, use one of the tips below to help you make a great collage:
- Use burst mode to take a sequence of pics, then use those pics for the collage.
- Tell a story from start to finish using your collage.
- Choose pictures that are all the same color or texture for your collage.
- Mix up-close pictures with distant scenes to provide the viewer with a sense of contrast.
While the three photo collage apps are great choices, there are tons more out there that you can try if you wish. They all have different features and options, so find the one you like the most, and roll with it. Most are free or very affordable, so switching them up or trying a few different ones is easy – and hopefully, you’ll end up with a few fantastic photo collages in the process.