The Huawei Mate 9 problems with touch screen seems like a common issue with those that own the new smartphone from Huawei. Some of the problems noticed on the Mate 9 includes part of the touch screen doesn’t work, touch screen is not responsive and similar touch screen problems. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your Mate 9 problems with touch screen that is causing you a headache.
The Huawei Mate 9’s touch screen is not always responsive towards the bottom of the screen. This means users have to move the apps and the controls on the farther end of the phone to the middle of the phone to keep using it without interruption.
Reasons for Mate 9 touch screen not working:
- Sometimes during the shipping process of the phone, the Mate 9 touch screen gets messed up during this process and the performance of the touch screen due to excessive bumps doesn’t work properly.
- Sometimes the touch screen problem is because of software bugs. Huawei always releases software updates to fix these problems, but sometimes it takes some time.
Ways to fix Mate 9 touch screen not working
Complete factory reset
Go to the notification section of the Mate 9 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.
Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. On the next screen, select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot. You can also read this more detailed guide on how to factory reset Huawei Mate 9 .
Clear phone cache
Another fix for the problem is deleting the cache. When you hold down the volume button down till the Huawei logo appears it will ask you whether you want to wipe cache partition. Give yes. You can also read this more detailed guide on how to clear cache on Huawei Mate 9 .
- Turn the Mate 9 off
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
- Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
- Press the Power button
- Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
- Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
- Your Mate 9 will reboot with a cleared system cache
Complete a hard reset
It’s important to note that doing a Huawei Mate 9 hard reset, it’ll remove and delete all data, apps, and settings. You should back up your Mate 9 to prevent any data from being lost. The way to back up data on your Mate 9 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. You can also read this more detailed guide on how to hard reset Huawei Mate 9 .
- Turn off the Mate 9
- Press and hold at the same time: Volume Up + Home button + Power button, until you see Huawei logo.
- Then select from Recovery Mode menu “wipe data / factory reset” using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
- Select “Yes — delete all user data” to confirm the whole operation.
- After that select option “reboot system now”.
Remove the Sim card
Turn off your Huawei Mate 9 smartphone. Then take out the SIM card and reinsert your SIM Card. Then turn back on your Mate 9 to see if the problem has been solved.