From the day of one’s birth a person should be ready to face a lot of ups and downs. And it seems that “downs” happen to be more frequent guests in our life. Though no matter what bitter surprises fate has prepared for us, we need to be ready to overcome any of them. There are only two words you need to stick to in order to live a normal life and they are ‘moving on’.
As Shinedown sang: ‘Sometimes goodbye is a second chance’. It’s so true. No matter how desperately we want to hold on to the past, sometimes the best thing we can do is simply to get over it and finally move on.
The Greatest Quotes About Moving On in Life
- The Greatest Quotes About Moving On in Life
- Inspirational Quotes About Change in Life and Moving On
- Motivational Quotes Saying ‘It’s Time to Move On’
- The Best Inspirational Quotes About Moving On
- Wonderful Quotes About Being a Strong Woman and Moving On
- Funny Quotes About Moving On and Being Happy with Your Life
- Good Quotes About Moving On After Failed Relationships
- Life-changing Quotes to Help You Leave the Past Behind
- Incredible Short Sayings About Growing Up and Moving On by Famous Authors
- Nice Quotes Saying that ‘It’s Time to Move Forward’
- Positive Quotes About Moving On from Toxic Friends
- Amazing Quotes About Moving On and Letting Go
People are used to believing that all of them are so different. They think, ‘Hey, I’m going through a lot right now, I wish you were in my shoes to get what I feel’, but the thing is, even though the troubles hitting our lives may be different, we have the same feelings. That’s why somebody else’s experience can be useful in terms of healing your emotional wounds. One may discover that forgetting the past isn’t an easy task to do. But don’t give up too soon, because the greatest quotes about moving on in life will definitely help you.
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”
- “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
- “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.”
- “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.”
- “Pain will leave you, when you let go.”
- “Get mad, then get over it.”
- You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them, but still move on without them.
Inspirational Quotes About Change in Life and Moving On
Do you agree that happiness mostly depends on a person’s attitude towards life, other people and the world in general? We aren’t gonna argue the fact that things like betrayal or an end of relationships are bitter pills to swallow, but it’s only you who choose to stick to the past instead of letting go and moving forward with your life. So, you’re having a hard time moving forward with your life after being hurt? These inspirational quotes about great changes in life will help to pull yourself together.
- “Here’s to the Future, because I’m done with the Past.”
- “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.”
- “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.”
- “Giving up doesn’t mean you are weak …sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go.”
- “Sometimes people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.”
- One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.
- Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone, appreciate what remains, and look forward to what’s coming.
Motivational Quotes Saying ‘It’s Time to Move On’
You know why people are so scared of the future? Do you know why they are so obsessed with their past? Because, they have no idea of what will happen and jumping into the unknown scares the hell out of them. As for the past, it seems so familiar and comfortable that people find it hard to say goodbye to it. If you want to live your life to the fullest, you need to leave your past in the past and start from scratch. Motivational quotes will give you a helping hand so you could achieve this goal.
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
- “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.”
- “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.”
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”
- “I think it’s important to have closure in any relationship that ends – from a romantic relationship to a friendship. You should always have a sense of clarity at the end and know why it began and why it ended. You need that in your life to move cleanly into your next phase.”
- “Life moves on and so should we.”
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.”
- By forgetting the past and by throwing myself into other interests, I forget to worry.
The Best Inspirational Quotes About Moving On
We guess each of us can recall the time he was standing at the crossroads having no clue of what to do with his life. Fears and anxiety were filling the soul. To make matters worse, it seemed that that was the end of life. But was it really so? You are here, reading this article, thinking, ‘That’s it. I don’t know what to do with my life… I don’t know how to pull myself together.’ Remember, you have to be strong no matter what. Only strong and fearless people choose not to bother about the past because they know that the best is yet to come. Read inspirational quotes about moving on and become this person.
- “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.”
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.”
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”
- “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.”
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”
- “If I kept saying it; if I kept reaching out. My accident really taught me just one thing: the only way to go on is to go on. To say ‘I can do this’ even when you know you can’t.”
- It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.
- “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.”
Wonderful Quotes About Being a Strong Woman and Moving On
Even in the 21 century there are times and situations when a woman has to prove that she has the same rights as men have. No matter how ridiculous this statement sounds, it’s true. In our modern world women need to be twice as strong and decisive when it comes to life difficulties. Everybody has their own ups and downs in life. Whenever you feel down or unmotivated, quotes about being a strong woman and moving on will be there for you.
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, d’I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.”
- “A competitive and insecure woman will tell you that “true love” is never giving up on someone you’re in love with. A confident and spiritual woman knows that “moving on” doesn’t mean you never loved someone. She realizes that letting go is what God needs her to do because both your happiness and hers requires taking different journeys for spiritual growth. Letting go is sometimes the hardest thing, but it is the most “real love” you will ever experience.”
- “I thought, possibly, that what I really needed was to go where nobody knew me and start over again, with none of my previous decisions, conversations, or expectations coming with me.”
- “My life is about ups and downs, great joys and great losses.”
- “I do a good job of staying positive and just moving on.”
- The best revenge you can get on your ex is to move on and let them see you happy with someone that treats you better than they did.
- “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.”
Funny Quotes About Moving On and Being Happy with Your Life
They say, ‘Laughter is the best medicine’, not in the case you have just had surgery though. It doesn’t matter if life and other people screw you over, your inner strength and ability to forgive and forget are more important. And the most important thing is your sense of humor. So, don’t be too serious if you are trying to move on in life.
- “I can’t go on. I’ll go on.”
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.”
- “Is there a cure for a broken heart? Only time can heal your broken heart, just as time can heal his broken arms and legs.”
- “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.”
- “Who can’t relate to the idea of leaving one chapter behind and moving on to the next?”
- “Even a rock moves on.”
- “I gather strength from life’s storms.”
- “Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you.”
- At some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.
Good Quotes About Moving On After Failed Relationships
Want it or not but there might come the day when your relationships get messed up. And the last thing you need to do in this situation is to feel sorry for yourself. It’s not like the end of the world with zombies and stuff. Pull yourself together. We all have been there. Your heart is broken, lost love doesn’t let you sleep at night and you feel like there’s no tomorrow. Thankfully, there are some good quotes to cheer you up.
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”
- “It was strange, really. A couple months ago, I had thought I couldn’t live without him. Apparently I could.”
- “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”
- “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.”
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” –Faraaz Kazi
- “There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.”
- “We are healed from suffering only by experiencing it to the full.”
- Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.
Life-changing Quotes to Help You Leave the Past Behind
We’d like to quote one more song lyrics, this time the words are taken from Limp Bizkit song ‘Boiler’, “What’s done is done/You just leave it alone/ And don’t regret it”. These are simple truth, but let’s be honest, we often forget it. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is to leave everything in the past. No matter how hard it seems to move on and leave the past behind, you need to do that for the sake of yourselves. Let these life-changing quotes be the first step in the new version of you.
- “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.”
- “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.”
- I’ve been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long, I’m moving on
- “Regret of neglected opportunity is the worst hell that a living soul can inhabit.”
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.”
- “You can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.”
- “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.”
- “Forget the past.”
Incredible Short Sayings About Growing Up and Moving On by Famous Authors
How many times your mom told you, “Grow up already, for god’s sake!” when you had done something immature and stupid? Times goes by and it seems that you still do stupid things. If you find it hard to keep going in your life, get ready to move on thanks to these incredible short sayings about growing up and moving on.
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”
- “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.”
- “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.”
- “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.”
- “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.”
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
- Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength.
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths”
Nice Quotes Saying that ‘It’s Time to Move Forward’
If you constantly pity yourself, find excuses for not doing anything to change the situation, it’s really sad. Your life’s in your hands and you can start changing today. With these quotes, it’s easier to do. Whether it is a breakup, a death of someone close to you or a failure at work, right now is the best time to start everything over and move forward.
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.”
- “Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.”
- “It’s not a matter of letting go – you would if you could. Instead of “Let it go” we should probably say “Let it be”.”
- “Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose – not the one you began with perhaps, but one you’ll be glad to remember.”
- “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”
- I didn’t change, I just grew up. I learned what’s best for me and if that means I have to lose a couple people to get to where I need to be, then I’m actually okay with that.
- “Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves – regret for the past and fear of the future.”
Positive Quotes About Moving On from Toxic Friends
When we hear the word ‘friend’, things like manipulation or betrayal are the last that come to our mind, right? We wish everything was perfect, but unfortunately, friends and close people are usually the ones that hurt us the most. Don’t let anybody decide what to do with your own life. If you know that the time has come and you need to leave some so-called friends behind, positive quotes about moving on from toxic friends are exactly what you need.
- “Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they’re meant to be in your life, they’ll catch up.”
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.”
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”
- “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.”
- “The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.”
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
- Toxic people will pollute everything around them. Don’t hesitate. Fumigate.
- “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.”
Amazing Quotes About Moving On and Letting Go
It’s not a secret that life is harsh. It’ll take advantage of you and stab a knife in your back when you least expect it. This is a price we pay for the life lessons we get. So, get the best out of the situation and learn life lessons if you want to be really happy in life. You can start with these amazing quotes about moving on and letting go.
- “Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.”
- “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.”
- “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.”
- “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.”
- “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass – It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
- “People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on.”
- Making a big life change can be scary but living with regret is always scarier.
- Don’t waste your time looking back at what you lost. Move on, life is not meant to be traveled backwards.