How to Change the Language on MyFitnessPal
MyFitnessPal is a great app that helps you count calories and reach your health-related goals, whether you want to lose weight, maintain it, or gain a couple of pounds. It allows you to track your progress and suggests healthy ways to spend calories and prepare delicious food.
There are many ways to personalize this app, from choosing a username and a profile photo to what you want to see on your Home page. You can also change the app’s language. Here’s how.
Changing the App Language
By downloading the app, you will most likely get the English version if your phone’s language is English. If you’re using your smartphone in some other language that MyFitnessPal supports, the app will install in that language.
If you want to change the language for some reason, there’s a way to do it. More than 15 options are available. Other than English, you use Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese (from Brazil), Dutch, Russian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Korean, and two versions of Chinese.
It’s still not possible to change the language within the app, so you’ll need to use a browser to do so. It doesn’t matter if you have an iOS or an Android device. Just follow these simple steps.
- Launch your browser and go to the app’s official site.
- Log into your account.
- Click on My home to navigate to the Homepage.
- On the bar below, you’ll see Settings as the list item. Click to open.
- You’ll see two columns. Account Settings are on the left. Click on Change Language.
- Select the desired language from the drop-down menu.
- Wait for it to set up.
The app won’t automatically follow, so you need to change the phone’s default language. Unfortunately, this won’t change the app’s language either, so you’ll need to reinstall it after you’ve changed the language. This time, the phone will install it in the new language.
How to Change the Language on My Phone?
Here’s how to change the language on your phone. Don’t forget to remove the app first so you can reinstall it later.
If you have an Android smartphone, for most of these devices, you should do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Go to the Language and Input section.
- Tap Language and Input.
- You’ll see the keyboard options, as well as Language and region. Tap on the latter.
- In case your desired language isn’t there already, tap on Add language.
- Tap on the language you want to add and tap Change to confirm.
If you’re an iOS user, then follow these steps:
- Find Settings on your Home screen and tap to open.
- Select General and look for the Language & Region option.
- When you open it, choose the first option – (your device’s name) Language.
- Choose the desired language from the menu.
- Tap Change to (language) to confirm your choice.
What Other Changes Can I Make?
Although the app won’t let you change the language, you can make many other changes. For example, you can change your height, gender, or date of birth, but the app will ask you to confirm these choices. It’s because any change can affect the daily intake of calories that the app suggests.
To edit your profile and info, you need to:
- Launch the MyFitnessPal app on your phone.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top left corner.
- Open the Settings section and tap on Edit Profile.
- Choose the item you’d like to change.
Note that to change your username, you also need to use the website.
Your Fitness Pal in Any Language
As the popularity of this app grows, new languages will likely become available down the line. If your mother tongue or desired language is still missing from the list, you can probably expect to see it there soon enough.
Even though you can’t change the language within the app, the good news is that the app installs in your phone’s default language.
In which language do you use MyFitnessPal? Let us know in the comments section below!