For those of you who don’t know about Nike Run Club, it’s one of the most popular exercise apps for runners and Nike sneakers owners. The app has numerous settings and functions, one of which is running in a crew. The Nike Run Club organizes group running events in most major cities in the world, but you can use the app for solo runs as well.
The app works on Apple watches and iPhones, and some users have reported having language problems. Stick around and learn how to fix the issue.
Nike Run Club is available in many different languages. You need an iPhone or an Apple watch to run the app, and that’s where the problems start for some users. Namely, if your iPhone isn’t set to English by default, the app can sometimes change the language to Chinese on its own. The problem is not so common for iPhone users, but some Apple watch users can only load the app in Chinese.
The fact that there’s no official solution on the official website makes things even worse. There are, however, a few things you can try to switch the app back to English, but there are no promises that it will work.
Change the Language on the Apple Watch
Sometimes, all you need to do to fix this problem is to change the language on your Apple watch. Since the app doesn’t have built-in language settings, try fixing things by resetting the language on the watch. You can do it like this:
- Pair the watch with your iPhone and open the Companion app.
- Navigate to the “My Watch” tab.
- Tap “General,” and then select “Language & Region.”
- Select the “System Language” option and choose the language you want.
- Tap “Done.”.
The process takes a minute to complete. Try launching the app after the language has been reset. If it’s still loading in Chinese or any other language, there’s another method you can try.
Update and Restart Your Device
If you choose a language that’s not supported by the device, the app should use the first preferred language on your iPhone’s list. You can check the list by navigating to “Settings,” then “General,” and finally “Language & Region.” Select English from the list and complete the following steps:
- Update your iPhone, Apple watch, and the Nike Run Club app in that order.
- Close all apps on the phone and restart both devices.
- Restart your iPhone first.
- If the problem didn’t go away, unpair the devices, and try pairing them again.
- The Companion app will transfer a backup for the Apple watch to your iPhone when you try to unpair them. Select “Restore from Backup” during the setup process to restore the original data.
If you still can’t get it to work, move on to the next method.
Reinstall the Nike Run Club App
The third method seems to be the most successful. You’ll have to delete and reinstall the app on your Apple watch, and it should then work normally. Here is what you have to do:
- Delete the Nike Run Club app from your phone and reset your watch.
- Set both devices to English US.
- Select English as your language of choice when installing the app again.
- Run the installation from a backup.
- Install the app, and it should be in English on your Apple watch.
- Change the language of the watch back to your native language, and the app should continue to run in English.
On the Run
No one can say for sure what causes language problems for some Nike Run Club users, but they happen nonetheless. The three methods above should be all you need to change the app’s language back to the language you understand. Try the methods in the order they are listed, and you should be able to read the stats and share them with other members in no time.
Do you use the Nike Run Club app? Did you ever have problems with language settings? If so, how did you fix them? Tell us more in the comment section below.