There have been complaints about the touch screen of the OnePlus 5. Some users have reported that part of the touch screen does not respond to touch; others have complained that the whole touch screen becomes unresponsive at random times. I’ll explain some methods that you can use to solve the touch screen issue on your OnePlus 5.
Some users have noticed that the touch screen of the OnePlus 5 does not respond to touch on the lower end of the screen; this makes a lot of users experiencing this issue move their apps and icons farther up the screen so as to be able to access them. Limiting you to only using half of the screen isn’t exactly peak performance.
Reasons Why OnePlus 5 Touch Screen is Not Working:
- You can be experiencing this issue on your OnePlus 5 because of bumps that the device has gone through when it was being shipped. Most times this affects the screen of the OnePlus 5.
- It can also be because of software bugs. I will suggest that you constantly check for software update to fix this issue on your OnePlus 5 although it is time consuming.
Complete Factory Reset
Locate the notification bar of your device and click on the gear icon to make the Settings appear. As soon as the page comes up, click on Backup and reset that is below the User and Backup section and click on Factory data reset.
Before you carry out this process, ensure that you have backed up all of your important files and then you can click on Reset device. This will take you to the next screen, where you can click on Delete all and you can now wait for a couple minutes for the process to be completed, and your OnePlus 5 will reboot once it’s finished. You can also make use of this guide to learn more on how to factory reset OnePlus 5 .
Once the factory reset is finished, your OnePlus 5 will be a blank slate again, as it was when you bought it. Meaning any programs or apps that might have been causing problems with the screen are no longer there, though neither are any of your files.
Clear Phone Cache
Another method that you can use to fix the touch screen issue is to delete the cache, in case the problem is being caused by some tidbit of temporary data. You can do this by holding the volume key until the OnePlus logo shows up, and you can follow the onscreen instruction. You can make use of this detailed guide to learn how to clear cache on OnePlus 5 .
- Switch off your OnePlus 5.
- Press these keys together: Volume Up, Power, and Home keys. Hold them until the OnePlus logo shows up and your smartphone vibrates.
- Release your finger from the Power key and continue to hold the other buttons.
- Make use of the volume keys to move down and choose Wipe Cache Partition.
- Click on the Power button to select the highlighted option.
- Move down to Yes and tap the Power key.
- Move to Reboot System Now and tap the Power key to confirm it.
- Your device will now reboot with a cleared system cache.
Complete a Hard Reset
Before you carry out this process on your OnePlus 5, you should make sure that you backup all of your important files, and you can do this by locating Settings on your OnePlus 5 and then click on Backup & reset. You can make use of this detailed guide on how to hard reset OnePlus 5 .
- Power off your device.
- Hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons down together until the OnePlus logo appears.
- From the recovery mode menu, click on Wipe Data / Factory Reset using the Volume keys to scroll and use the Power key to confirm.
- Click on Yes — delete all user data to confirm the process.
- You can now click on Reboot system now.
Remove the SIM Card
Switch off your OnePlus 5, remove your SIM card and then put it back. Power on your OnePlus 5 and see if that solves the touch screen issue on your OnePlus 5.
If the problem still hasn’t been resolved, then it likely means the screen itself is damaged. All the resetting and rebooting in the world isn’t going to fix it, if that’s the case, and your best bet is to take it to a professional to get it repaired or replaced.