Pairing Remotes with Comcast Remote Codes
Comcast Xfinity is one of the top cable TV services but sometimes it can be difficult to use. A lot of people run into problems with the remote control, such as pairing and setup. You can pair your Comcast remote with your TV or audio equipment such as a soundbar.
Since there are many Comcast remotes, and even more TV brands that each has different codes, this tutorial focuses only on the latest and most popular remotes and TVs. However, you’ll also a section explaining how to get the codes for other TVs and Comcast remotes.
Comcast Remote: How to Pair an X1 Remote with the TV
Comcast Xfinity remotes are rather confusing on their own, and the fact there are several models doesn’t help either. You can verify the type of your remote using the official Xfinity support site.
You can see there the pictures of all the Comcast Xfinity remotes in existence and compare them with the one you have. Also, there are instructions for pairing them with different TV brands, which we’ll get to later.
Here is how to pair your X1 remote with your TV:
- Make sure you have working batteries in your remote. Test it by turning on the cable box on and off. If the remote works, proceed with the following steps.
- Hold the A button on your Comcast remote.
- Select Remote Setup from the menu on your TV screen.
- Simply follow the instructions on your TV until your Comcast remote is paired with the TV. Now you can proceed with programming the remote for controlling the TV and audio equipment.
Those with the voice-enabled X1 remote have an even easier way of programming the Comcast remote. All they need to do is to hold the mic button and speak “Program remote”.
How to Program a Comcast Remote
Follow these steps to program a Comcast remote which has a setup button (some of them don’t, and the programming steps for those will follow shortly after this):
- Turn on your TV manually and make sure the input is set for the set-top box.
- Hold the Setup button on your Comcast Xfinity remote until the LED at the top of the remote goes from red to green.
- Press the Xfinity button on your remote. You will see empty boxes for a tri-digit code on your screen. Enter the numbers 9 9 1 in those boxes and the light on the remote should blink green two times.
- Press the CH^ button on the remote as long as the TV doesn’t shut off.
- If it shuts off, press the Setup button on the remote again to lock in the code.
- Now hold the TV power button on your remote until it turns on. When it does, you are done with programming.
Comcast Remote Programming without the Setup Button
Some Comcast remotes like the XR15 don’t have a setup button. Here is how you can program them:
- Manually turn on the TV.
- Simultaneously hold the Mute and Xfinity buttons on your remote for several seconds until the light at the top of the remote switches from red to green.
- Now you need to find the correct Comcast remote control for your TV’s manufacturer. You can look it up at the official Xfinity site mentioned previously. Under the Choose the brand dropdown menu, select your TV brand and click on continue. You can also find Audio brands here if you select Audio/Other.
- In this window, you will be asked for the five-digit code from your manufacturer. Some may have more than one code which you’ll have to try one at a time. For example, the most likely code for LG is 12731. If the remote flashes green twice, you have entered the right code. If it flashes red and green, the code is not valid. You have to keep trying all the listed codes.
- You can test if the process was successful by aiming at the TV with your remote and holding the Power button. If your TV turns off, the code worked. Also, try using the volume and mute buttons and see if they work.
Alternative Comcast Remote Programming Method
Another way of programming your Comcast remote is through the Xfinity My Account phone application. Tech-savvy users who have this app on their Android or iPhone devices may prefer this method.
- Open the Xfinity My Account app on your Android or Apple smartphone.
- Select the TV option, then select the TV Box you have, and finally tap on Setup a remote.
- Choose the appropriate model of your Comcast remote and select Continue.
- Choose TV or Audio/Other, depending on the device you’re using, and follow further instructions on the screen.
Remote Codes for the Most Common TV Brands
There are hundreds of TV brands on the market, and there’s no point in listing the codes for all of them. Here are the Comcast remote codes for the top TV brands in America:
- LG – 12731,11758, 11178, 11265, 10032, 11993
- Samsung – 12051, 10030, 10702, 10482, 10766, 10408
- Sony – 10810, 11317, 11100, 11904, 10011, 11685
- Panasonic – 11480, 10162, 10051, 11310, 10051, 10032
- VIZIO – 11758, 12247, 10864, 12707, 11756m 10178
While trying out these codes, note that the first one mentioned here for each of these brands is most likely to work if you have the latest TV. If you have a TV which is not listed here, make sure to visit Xfinity’s official site and get the codes for your TV there.
Hopefully, this tutorial will help you pair and program your TV or other audio-video devices with your Comcast remote. It is not easy and simple right away, but you only have to do it you will get it.
If you upgrade your TV, you’ll already be familiar with the process and can proceed without apprehension. So, are you satisfied with Comcast Xfinity? Let us know in the comments section.