Unable to Connect to Pluto TV – What to Do
Pluto TV is gaining millions of new users because it offers high-quality online TV channels and is one of the easiest platforms to use. It works on all devices, and it’s almost effortless to set up. Not only that, Pluto TV is very stable, and you can rarely run into issues while using it.
Still, some problems may occur, with connectivity issues being slightly more common than others. In this article, you will find out how to fix any potential problems preventing you from watching your favorite channels.
Fixing Connectivity Issues
General internet connection issues usually cause connectivity issues with Pluto TV. And since you can’t run Pluto TV without an internet connection, you will have to check your hardware and LAN cable or your Wi-Fi router. Try resetting everything, and you should be fine.
You also have to make sure that your devices and connection meet the minimum requirements. Your internet connection has to be at least 5 Mb/s, and it has to be stable; otherwise, you can experience playback issues. If you want to watch Pluto TV on your desktop or laptop computer, it is best to do so by using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Chromecast Connection Problems
When it comes to connecting with other devices, Pluto TV has the most issues syncing with Chromecast. If you are experiencing this issue, there are several easy fixes that can help you.
If your phone doesn’t cast Pluto TV to your Chromecast device, you should first make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. It’s essential that you leave Pluto TV open on your device before you start casting. It won’t work if you run Pluto TV in the background or if you turn the screen off. If you’re still experiencing issues, here is what you should do:
- Close the Pluto app and restart it on your mobile device.
- Restart your Wi-Fi network connection, and reconnect Chromecast and your mobile device to your network.
- If the issue still continues, reinstall the Pluto app.
- If you still can’t get a connection, you probably have a hardware problem with one of your devices.
Keep Your Device and Pluto TV Up to Date
Some issues are caused because your device or your Pluto app is not up to date. It happens more often than you think because the creators of Pluto TV release new patches and updates very often, so it’s easy to forget to update the app regularly. If you’re experiencing compatibility issues, you should try updating everything you can.
Here is how you can update Pluto on different devices and platforms:
You can update Pluto TV on your Android devices by downloading the latest version of the app. Android mobile users can find the app in the Google Play store, while Android TV users have to update their app to version 8.0.
You will need to update your app on Roku manually by completing the following steps:
- Select “Settings” on Roku’s Home screen.
- Select “System.”
- Click on “System update.”
- Click the “Check Now” button to see if there are any updates available.
- Roku will update Pluto TV.
- When the update is complete, you can go back to the Home screen, select Pluto TV, and hit the “*” to see the updated version.
Your Apple TV/tvOS has to be updated to version 12.0 to work. Here is how you can do that:
- Open Apple TV and select “App Store” on the Home screen.
- Select “Purchased.”
- Look for the Pluto TV app on the list and check for updates.
- Select “Install,” and download the latest version of Pluto TV to your device.
Re-open the app once the update is finished.
Smart TV Sets
Smart TVs usually come with an App Store tab or panel where you can search for Pluto TV and update it to the latest version.
What About Bugs?
Now and then, you can run into sound and video bugs while watching Pluto TV. Glitches can happen occasionally, so if you experience something like that, make sure to send a bug report so Pluto TV can improve the user experience further. This is what you have to do:
- Open the settings on your device.
- Select “Developer Options.”
- Select “Take Bug Report.”
- Wait for the report to generate.
- Submit your bug report to [email protected]
Run Pluto TV from Any Device
It doesn’t take much effort to set up Pluto TV on any device. Use the steps above to fix any possible issues you could run into, and you will be ready to enjoy over 100 channels and 1000 movies and TV shows on demand without paying a single cent. For cord-cutters who are looking for a free alternative to cable TV and don’t mind an occasional commercial, Pluto TV is the way of the future.
Did you ever try Pluto TV? What are your experiences with this platform? Tell us what you think about it in the comments section below.