One of the best things about the AirPods is that you can pair them with various devices. You can pair them with your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or even your Apple Watch. You can use them to listen to music and podcasts while having your hands free to whatever else you need to do. How have we ever lived without them?
They look elegant, and they are practical and convenient. But what if you want to remove your AirPods from all your devices? There’s nothing to worry about as you can do that in a few simple steps.
Before You Start
If you are worried because you used your AirPods with various devices and you believe it will take too much time to get them unpaired, you needn’t be. The good news is that you don’t need to remove them from all your devices. You need to remove them from your iPhone, and from there, they would automatically unpair with other devices as well.
Do you remember the time when you had to pair your AirPods with your Apple devices? You had to pair them only with your iPhone, and they were automatically paired with your Apple Watch as well. You then used iCloud to sync them with your Mac. Well, it functions pretty much the same way in the other direction.
Step by Step Guide
Here’s our step by step guide that’ll explain to you how to remove your AirPods from your iPhone. Just follow our instructions, and you will be done in a couple of minutes.
- Enter the Settings on your iPhone.
- From there, go to Bluetooth settings.
- There, you can see all devices paired with your iPhone, and the AirPods should be among them.
- Tap on the small letter “i” next to your AirPods, to enter the information section.
- There, you will see the Forget This Device button, and you should tap on it.
- Then you should tap on it once more to confirm that you want your iPhone as well as other devices to forget your AirPods.
There you have it! Removing your AirPods from your iPhone will remove them from all other devices as well. However, if you ever decide to use your AirPods again, you can easily pair them with your devices whenever you want.
Can You Remove Your AirPods from Your Mac Only?
If you wish to remove the AirPods only from your Mac, but keep them paired with your iPhone, there’s a way to do it. You can remove them in a similar way that you’d use to remove any other Bluetooth device. Here’s how:
- Go to the Bluetooth section on your Mac. It is usually in the top right corner of your screen. However, if you can’t find it, go to System Preferences and look for the Bluetooth icon.
- When you’ve entered the Bluetooth section, you’ll see all the devices connected to your Mac. Your AirPods should be there as well.
- Click on AirPods and then click on the Remove option.
- The laptop will then ask you whether you are sure that you want to remove the AirPods. You should click the Remove button one more time to confirm.
That’s it. You have successfully unpaired AirPods from your Mac. However, we have to remind you that you won’t be able to remove the AirPods from all of your devices using Mac. You’ll have to do that through your iPhone instead.
Whether you wanted to remove your AirPods to connect a new pair of AirPods with your devices, or you had a different reason, we hope that the article was helpful and that you managed to do it.
The AirPods are not there just for listening to music. They have many more amazing features, and we hope that you are making the most out of them. What are your favorite features? What do you use your AirPods for, apart from listening to music and podcasts?