Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus Lag Solution
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are amazing, fast phones but they like any other Android device, they might tend to give a lag in their otherwise flawless performance when we overburden them with apps. This is one of the many issues that Android users have to deal with. It commonly happens when you are using apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and so on in your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
Common reasons why Galaxy S8 lagging
Although not officially announced, some universal reasons for lagging include:
- Poor signal or Low strength of the signal performance
- Weak Wi-Fi connection
- Websites going through dense traffic, that is, too many users accessing it or being under heavy load
- Background apps
- Memory of device is low
- Cache of internet is full
- The update required for Browser software or outdated Browser
- Data speed limit exceeded or Speed reduction reached
The above mentioned reasons are more often than not the cause of device working slow, freezing or powering off.
If none of the issues seem to be the cause of your device working properly, try the following steps.
Scan Galaxy S8 For Malware
Download an antivirus app free of cost from the PlayStore. It is recommended to download apps that contain good reviews to help achieve best results. If something detected, the cache and data of smart phone needs to be cleared.
Click here to learn how to do a factory hard reset on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. There is nothing refreshing than using your phone fresh again. If the lagging performance exists, it is advisable to perform a hard factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus to set it to the original settings, Operating System and data that it came with from Samsung. But before doing so, it is better to backup all of your files beforehand. This is a preventive data loss step. This solves most of the cases.
You can also try clearing the cache and data on your smartphone.
Clear caches on Galaxy S8
Now in most cases, the problem on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is solved after undergoing a factory hard reset. But, if after going through all of the above mentioned procedures your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is still functioning slowly, try completing a “Wipe Cache Partition”.
This function is available in android recovery mode. The benefit of this function is that no data like pictures, videos, songs, documents… is deleted. In order to perform a wipe cache partition, go through the following steps.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Wipe Cache Clean
- Power off your device.
- Now hold the power off button, volume up button and home button simultaneously.
- A few seconds later, your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus will vibrate once and recovery mode is started.
- Search through the entries until you come across one labeled ‘wipe cache partition’ and start it.
- A few minutes later the process will be completed. Restart your device with reboot system afterwards and your issue should get solved.
Get Technical Support
After making sure none of the reasons are responsible for your device’s slow performance, it is better to take your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus back to the store or shop so that it could get physically checked for any signs of damage.
If it is proven that some fault is present in the device by a technician, get a replacement unit if it is repairable.