How to Delete Your YouTube History from a Samsung TV
Smart TVs are an excellent choice for those planning on switching to one of the streaming services. For instance, Samsung smart TVs are compatible with many choices and even enable you to watch YouTube videos.
If you’ve been using your Samsung TV to watch your favorite YouTubers or listen to music, your search and watch history are probably both full. If you’re giving away your TV or want to delete your history for another reason, here’s a guide that’ll show you how to do just that.
Deleting Your YouTube History
There are multiple ways to delete your YouTube history on a Samsung smart TV, removing both the videos you’ve watched and searched for.
From Your Samsung TV
Here’s how to delete history directly from your TV:
- Turn on your smart TV and go to the list of the installed apps.
- Select YouTube.
- Select the hamburger icon to open the main menu.
- Choose Settings and History.
- Choose Clear watch history to delete it.
You can also access YouTube using the smart TV internet browser to delete search and watch history as if you were using a computer. Take a look at the section below for detailed instructions.
From Your Computer or Mobile Device
You can also use your smartphone or computer to delete search and watch history from your TV. But note that in this case, it will be removed from all devices you use the YouTube app on. Here’s what to do:
From a Browser
- Open a web browser and then the YouTube official website.
- Click on the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.
- From this menu, choose History.
- Select the history type you’d like to delete, for instance, Watch history.
- Scroll down and select Clear all watch history.
- Select Clear Watch History to confirm.
From the App
- Launch the YouTube app on your phone.
- Select your profile image in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on History and privacy.
- The first two options are Clear watch history and Clear search history. Select the one you’d like to remove. In this section, you can also choose to pause both of them so anything you search for or watch won’t be recorded.
Be aware that you can also turn on the Incognito view. If you do so, your activity while on this mode won’t be recorded, although it might still be visible to your internet provider. If you use this mode, however, you don’t need to bother with deleting the history from the app.
How to Sign Out and Remove Your Account
Are you done with deleting your browsing and watch history on the YouTube app? If you’d also like to sign out and remove your account, we’ve got you covered.
To sign out from your YouTube account:
- Access the app on your Samsung TV.
- Go to the menu on the left and open it.
- Find your profile photo and select it.
- Choose your account and select Sign out.
In case you’ve forgotten to do this, and now don’t have access to the TV anymore, you can do it remotely. Follow the steps below:
- Click on this link: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions
- Scroll through the apps to find YouTube on TV.
- Choose the Remove Access option to remove your account from any TVs where you’ve previously been logged in.
If you want to delete your account, do this:
- Access the YouTube app on your Samsung TV.
- Go to the menu on the left and find your account picture.
- Click to access the list of accounts previously logged on this TV.
- Select yours and choose Remove Account.
Get Rid of Your History Results
If you’d like a clean slate, deleting search and watch history is an excellent way to go about it. Whether you have access to your Samsung smart TV or not, you can easily do so in a couple of simple steps. It’s probably a good thing your account unites all your devices as this gives you more control. You don’t need to be in the same room as your TV to clear the list of videos you’ve watched or searched for.
Have you successfully deleted history from your Samsung TV? Are you going to enable the incognito mode? Let us know in the comments section below.