How To Search Bookmarks in Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the most used internet browsers in the world, and it comes with many features designed to help you customize your browsing experience to your taste. The Bookmarks feature is especially useful in this regard, as it allows you to save and access your favorite websites in a few clicks. You can learn how to find your bookmarked sites using three different methods in the following article.
Finding Bookmarked Sites
You can save time by bookmarking the websites you visit often. Simply click on the little star icon at the right end of the search bar to add a website to your bookmarks. Accessing your bookmarked sites can be done in three different ways. Here is how you can do that:
Method 1 – Using the Bookmark Manager
The first method is the easiest and it is done by using the bookmark manager.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the three horizontal lines below the “x” icon in the top-right corner. You will see a submenu pop out. Find where it says “Bookmarks,” and select the “Bookmark Manager.”
- You can access the bookmark manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + O, or you can copy “chrome://bookmarks/” into your search bar and load your bookmarks directly.
- The list of your bookmarked websites will appear. You can organize your bookmarks in folders and open them from here by double-clicking on them. Use the search bar on the top of the page to find what you are looking for.
Method 2 – Using the Bookmark Bar
The bookmark bar allows you to load the websites you’ve saved with just one click. The bar is located below the search bar, and all you have to do to get to your favorite website is to click on it. Here is how you can set up the bookmark bar:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner and place your pointer on “Bookmarks.”
- A submenu will appear. Select “Show bookmarks bar” to make it appear below your search bar.
- Click the bookmark you want to open, and the site will load right away. You can also access the bookmark bar by pressing Ctrl + Shift + B. If you want to browse your bookmarks by glancing at the website icons, this is the method for you.
Method 3 – Using the Google Bookmarks Page
You can use Google bookmarks if you want to make your bookmarks available to all the devices you are using. By adding them to Google bookmarks, you can just sign in using your Google account from any device and find your bookmarked sites. Here is how you can set it up:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Copy “https://www.google.com/bookmarks/” into your search bar to access Google Bookmarks.
- Sign in using your Google credentials.
- Your bookmarks will show in a list. You can access them from any device or browser since they are stored on your Google account, rather than your device.
- Click on a bookmark to open the website. You can find specific sites in your bookmarks by using the search bar on top, and you can also choose if you want to sort them by title, label, or date added.
How to Add Google Bookmarks
Adding your favorite websites to Google bookmarks is a little more complicated than adding them to your browser. You will have to add each website manually from the Google bookmarks tab. Here is what you have to do to create Google bookmarks:
- Open Google and go to the bookmarks page.
- Enter your Google credentials and load the page.
- Select “Add bookmark.”
- Create a custom bookmark. Enter the name of the bookmark, copy the URL in the box, label your bookmark for more information on what it’s about, and add notes if needed.
- Click “Add bookmark” to add the website to your Google bookmarks.
- You can now access your favorite sites using any device or browser.
- Repeat the process for each website you want to bookmark on Google.
Create a List of Your Favorite Websites
Bookmarks can save you a lot of trouble when surfing the internet. The first two methods we mentioned will make it easier for you to load your favorite websites when using Google Chrome, while the third method allows you to access your bookmarks from any device or browser.
Add and remove bookmarks when needed, and you’ll be able to keep track of your threads. You can also use the bookmark search function to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Which websites do you have bookmarked? Tell us in the comment section below.