How To See Your Friends Birthdays on Facebook
Facebook is the most used social network platform in the world. There are over 3 billion profiles and most of us have hundreds of online friends on this network. If you care about your online friends, the least you can do is wish them a happy birthday on that special day.
It’s easy to forget about some of your friends if you have a long list of them on Facebook. This article will explain how you can check all birthdays and make sure you wish your friends all the best when their birthdays arrive.
Friends and Their Birthdays
So, finding the date of someone’s birthday on Facebook is easy, and the process is pretty much the same across devices and operating systems. Here is what to do:
- Open the Facebook app or the page on your PC.
- Find the “Events” tab and click it.
- Select the “Birthdays” option.
- View the birthdays of your friends.
The “Birthdays” tab is divided into several sections. The first birthdays that pop up are from friends who celebrate their birthdays that very day. It says “Today’s Birthdays” on top of the tab.
The second tab tells you the names of friends whose birthdays are coming next three to five days. That way, you can make sure you remember to send them your best wishes on time.
The third tab will show you the profile images of friends who are celebrating their birthdays by the end of the current month. You can also see all birthdays listed by months the same way. You can check when your friends’ birthdays are any time by scrolling down.
The Calendar Tab
If you select the Calendar tab instead of the Birthdays tab, you will also get a list of friends’ birthdays, mixed with other events you are invited to. However, you can only see birthdays for a few days ahead.
Checking a Specific Friend’s Birthday
If you want to check birthday information for a specific friend, you have to open the person’s profile and click or tap the “About” tab. There you will find all of the personal information made available by that friend, including his or her workplace, date of birth, job information, and so on.
What if You Can’t Find a Friend’s Birthday Information?
Sometimes, you won’t be able to find birthday information about a friend. Facebook privacy settings make it possible to keep the birthday information hidden. The only thing you can do is send the person a direct message, asking them about their birthday information.
Wishing Your Facebook Friends a Happy Birthday
When you want to wish someone a happy birthday on Facebook, you can do it in a few different ways. Keep one thing in mind – most birthday wishes on social media are generic, so it’s always best you find something specific that only you and the person celebrating their birthday know what it’s about. You can wish someone a happy birthday in the following ways.
- Post Something to Their Wall – If you want to make your birthday wishes available for everyone else to see, you can come up with an interesting message and post it on the person’s wall. It can be a text message or an image, or even a gif. It all depends on your style, creativity and the impact you want to make.
- Send a Private Message – Some people like to keep their birthday wishes private. If you are one of them, send a private message using the Facebook Messenger. Again, the message can contain an image or a gif, or maybe even a song that means something to the both of you.
- Give Your Friends a Birthday Call – Facebook Messenger allows you to call your friends directly so you can do that if you don’t like writing birthday wishes into the chat or posting it to the person’s wall. Giving someone a call may be the best thing to do because you get to talk to the person a bit, rather than just send your wishes.
Make Your Friends Feel Special
The world can be a dull and lonely place without friends, which is why you should let them know how much you love them, at least on their birthdays. Wishing someone a happy birthday takes only a minute, but it can mean a lot to the person and your relationship with them. So, don’t ignore your friends, tell them how much they mean to you, and they might make your birthday memorable, as well.