How to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Page
Regardless if your Facebook profile is completely locked or not, other users can easily find and view your Facebook page. This even includes people that you aren’t friends with. Depending on your account’s visibility, they’ll see varying amounts of information about you.
But can you see who viewed your Facebook page? Or better yet, can you see who viewed it the most?
This article will answer the questions above and give you a few useful tips regarding your Facebook account.
Checking Who Viewed Your Facebook Page
Although there isn’t an official Facebook feature that allows you to see who viewed your page, there is an easy method you can use to do so.
The method that we’ll show you below was discovered by programmers who specialize in web applications. Since there are patterns in programming websites, these people have managed to put two and two together and figure out Facebook’s source code. Or at least one part of it.
We will come across huge chunks of code, but don’t let that scare you. You don’t need to have a background in programming to understand and execute the following steps.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Navigate to your Facebook Profile page.
- Right-click on the blank space on either side of your profile. A small menu will appear.
- Click on the View Page Source option. You can simultaneously press CTRL and U on your keyboard for the same result. A new tab will open in your browser and you’ll see a page full of code. This page shows you the code behind your Facebook Profile page.
- Since we need to find a specific section of the code, press CTRL and F on your keyboard to open the Find text box. This window will appear in the upper-right corner of your screen. You can use it to find a specific element on a certain website.
- Type “initialchatfriendslist” in the Find textbox and hit Enter. You will automatically be taken to where this entry appears first. The word that you’ve searched for (initialchatfriendslist) will be highlighted if it exists on the page. If your browsers cannot find this word and don’t show you any results, check if you’ve written it correctly.
- Copy the first number under the highlighted InitialChatFriendsList that has the format like the numbers from the picture below. If you’re an admin of a Facebook page, you need to skip the first section of code and look for the mentioned numbers after the “list:” tag. Each of these numbers represents a profile that has viewed your Facebook page more than once.
- Open another tab in your browser, paste the number next to com/, and hit Enter. The format should look like this https.//www.facebook.com/[the number that you’ve copied]. After you hit Enter, pay attention to the number that you’ve copied into the address bar. It will change to a Facebook username and you’ll be redirected to their profile.
The Facebook profile that appears after you’ve hit Enter has viewed your Facebook page more than just once. You can play around and copy any number from the mentioned code section and see who’s profile it is linked to, but our advice is to start by checking the first one.
Keep in mind that Facebook hasn’t confirmed this method to be true, so it’s unknown if it’s completely reliable.
Secure Your Facebook Profile
The best way to keep your Facebook profile safe is to limit the amount of information that “outsiders” can see when they stumble upon your profile. By “outsiders,” we mean people who aren’t your Facebook friends and who you don’t know in person.
The information that you should hide from others if you want to be as secure as possible include the following:
a) e-mail address
b) date of birth
c) phone number
d) relationship status
To do so, log into your Facebook account and follow the steps below. This tutorial covers Facebook’s Desktop version, but you can also follow it on your smartphone as the options are the same.
- Navigate to your account’s Settings.
- Click on the Privacy option. That will send you to a page where you can adjust your profile’s privacy settings.
- Click on Who can look you up using the email address you provided and set it to Only Me.
- Then select Who can look you up using the phone number you provided and set it to Only Me as well.
- Navigate back to your Facebook Profile page.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Find the information that you’ve entered (date of birth, relationship status, etc.) and remove it.
Know Who Views Your Facebook Profile
With this tutorial, you now know how to check who viewed your Facebook Profile page. There are quite a few steps to cover, but the method is actually fun. Once you get a hang of it, it won’t take nearly as long.
Have you tested out the above method? How many numbers did you lookup? Did the list show people you’ve been expecting to see? Tell us in the comments below.