Tik Tok, which goes by Douyin in China, is the world’s fastest growing app. It officially launched back in September of 2016 and snagged over 150 million users before incorporating Musical.ly into the fold, which boasted 100 million unique users of its own.
The social media app offers up a plethora of videos to watch without ever creating an account. After creating one, you are then allowed to follow “musers”, a phrase coined from the early days of Musical.ly, like their videos, and create a few of your own. Anyone familiar with Snapchat will be able to traverse the similar interface rather easily, adding sounds, special effects, filters, and snippets to your 15-second Tik Tok video clips.
“Sounds like a tween’s wet dream to me. What’s the appeal?”
Unlike Vine, a similar short clip comedy app, the focus for Tik Tok is the same as Musical.ly, the music. Those interested in lip syncing, dancing, parkour, challenges, magic tricks, “fails,” lip dubs, and even “aesthetics” are sure to find Tik Tok appealing. You can even create videos on your phone using Tik Tok and share them with the world through social media.
Tik Tok and Social Media Integration
Tik Tok has welcomed in its huge success as a social media app similar to the likes of Facebook and Instagram. Though it may not have reached the prestige of either of those, Tik Tok definitely has its place among the most used social media outlets.
You can save any of the videos you create through the Tik Tok app for safekeeping if you so choose to do so. In addition to that, in order to bolster their numbers and reach that coveted top-tier social media status, Tik Tok offers you the ability to share those videos to other platforms like Facebook. No matter what device you use for Tik Tok, you can save every video you make and share them to other sites on the internet.
Which brings me to the point of the article. I’ll be going over how you can save your videos to different devices as well as how to share those videos to a social media platform like Facebook. At the bottom, I’ll even discuss how you can share your entire Tik Tok profile with other users on Facebook.
Saving Your Tik Tok Videos
Most folks currently using Tik Tok don’t even know that there is a built-in saving function for videos. It’s quite evident that Tik Tok allows you to share any of the created videos directly to another social media platform like Message, Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, Stories, WhatsApp and many others. However, just below those sharing platforms, you’ll find a Save Video function right there in Tik Tok. This helps you save videos right in the platform itself so that you won’t feel forced to share with another platform.
To save a video in Tik Tok:
- Launch the Tik Tok app from your preferred mobile device.
- Locate the video that you want to save.
- Click the Share button located on the right side menu.
- Choose Save Video, which can be found in the second row of options.
- This will save the video automatically to your phone’s local storage.
- The video will be saved with both the Tik Tok logo watermark and the user ID of the original creator.
Saving Tik Tok on iOS & Android Without A Watermark
For this method, you’ll need to download and install a third-party app to your device. You’ll be saving the video through the use of a screen recording program called ApowerREC. This app will allow you to save recorded video and bypass the automatic addition of a watermark and user ID being slapped onto the video.
After downloading the ApowerREC app to your mobile device, launch it and then:
- Locate Settings in the menu at the bottom of the screen and tap it.
- Turn on both Recording overlay and Screenshot Overlay options.
- This will enable us to use the shortcut menu in order to manage the recording and allow a screenshot of the Tik Tok video.
- Choose Portrait so that the recording will be recorded properly.
- Tik Tok is in a vertical “portrait” style by default.
- While recording the Tik Tok video, click the Camera icon whenever you want to take a screenshot.
- Tap the Overlay icon to expand the recording menu to see the different options you can use.
- This menu will pull up icons for Stop, Pause, Hide Menu, or add Image.
- Once the recording is complete, the recorded video can be found in ApowerREC.
- You can preview or share it directly within the app to any other social media outlet you choose.
Saving Tik Tok on PC
Technically, you could use the same app, ApowerREC, for both mobile devices and PC. However, PC affords us a better option than an app for screen recordings to use for saving Tik Tok videos. There’s a site called Musically Down that works as a music video downloader which just so happens to be exactly what Tik Tok videos are considered as.
To use Musically Down to download Tik Tok videos to your PC hard drive:
- Head on over to the website using your preferred browser.
- With Tik Tok opened, locate the video you want to save and copy that video’s URL.
- Pull up a new tab in your browser and paste the URL, which will be in short version, into the address bar. Click Enter.
- Doing this will change the shortened URL that Tik Tok provides into a full-length URL for use with Musically Down.
- Copy the new, lengthier URL and paste the link into Musically Down’s URL blank.
- Finalize by clicking the Download button.
Creating A Slideshow In TikTok
Now that you understand how to save Tik Tok videos to your device of choice, you are free to do with them what you will. A nifty little idea would be to create a video slideshow of your lip-syncing exploits that you can share with friends on other social media platforms.
To see how to make a slideshow in Tik Tok:
Opt to create a new Tik Tok video.
- Then, click on Upload.
- Locate and select the screenshots or videos that you want to use in the slideshow.
- Click Slideshow, which can be found at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, click Next once you’re finished with any editing you’ve chosen to do.
- You can now add a hashtag or @ your friends to ensure the slideshow reaches its intended audience.
- Finally, Post your video to your platform of choice.
Share A TikTok Video To Facebook
If all you really wanted out of this article was to be able to share a Tik Tok video to your Facebook, well then this section is for you. It’s a rather straightforward procedure and should be relatively easy to pull off for even the least savvy tech users.
To share a Tik Tok video to Facebook:
- Locate the video you want to share.
- You can scroll through your feed, search for a hashtag, choose a sound, etc.
- Tap on the triple dots (if the video is your own video) or the arrow.
- Choose how you want to share your video.
- Log into your Facebook account if necessary.
- After you log in, the Tik Tok video will be shared to your feed.
Understand that these steps are for individuals who have chosen not to save Tik Tok videos to their devices outside of the Tik Tok platform. For those talked about in this article, ApowerREC offers you the chance to share directly from the app. If saved to your desktop, you can drag and drop the video directly into a post.
Share TikTok Profile To Facebook
For those looking to share their entire Tik Tok profile to a Facebook page, either you or a friend’s, well then you’re in luck. This is a better option if you want to share your full Tik Tok video library with someone rather than a single video.
To do this:
- Launch Tik Tok on your iPhone or iPad.
- At this time, I’m unfamiliar with a way of doing this on Android devices and PC. So only those with iOS devices can follow along.
- Tap on your Profile icon. This is the person silhouette icon located at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This will pull up a list of your videos.
- Next, tap on the ⋯.icon at the top-right corner of your profile.
- If preferred, you can use the sharing option that is near the bottom-right corner of any of the videos in your list.
- Tap on Share Profile.
- Select a sharing method for your profile by choosing either email, messaging, or one of the social media apps on the list. For our purpose, you’ll want to choose Facebook.
- Once you choose your sharing method, a new message or post will open up in the selected app.
- If prompted to, log in to your Facebook account.
- Your Tik Tok profile should appear in a post on your Facebook wall.
Anyone who currently has a Tik Tok account can tap Follow on the post and begin following your Tik Tok profile. From here they’ll be able to see every new Tik Tok video you post.