Showbox was a terrific, popular app for streaming movies and TV shows that worked on just about any device. It was well-designed, had a slick UI, and generally performed flawlessly. Unfortunately, though, Showbox was shut down permanently, but there are plenty of other great alternatives you can use right now.
When it comes to looking for Showbox replacements, we’ve considered apps across multiple platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. Some are also compatible with Linux. Thanks to apps like Bluestacks  and Nox, you can use Android apps right on your desktop, which is how some of the alternatives below work on a PC.
With that in mind, let’s dive into 7 of the best Showbox alternatives in 2020.
Attention All Streamers:
Here's a few facts for you about the potential dangers of streaming online while unprotected:
- Your ISP has a direct window into everything you view and stream on the web
- Your ISP is now LEGALLY allowed to sell that information about what you view
- Most ISPs don't want to deal with lawsuits directly, so oftentimes they will pass along your viewing information to protect themselves, further compromising your privacy.
The only way to protect your viewing and identity in the 3 above scenarios is by using a VPN. By streaming content directly through your ISP, you potentially expose everything you view on the internet to both them, as well as those who's interest they might be protecting. A VPN protects that. Follow these 2 links and you'll be streaming securely in no time:
- ExpressVPN  is our VPN of choice. They are extremely fast and their security is top notch. Get 3 months free  for a limited time
- Learn How To Install a VPN on Your Fire TV Stick