The Best “I’m Sorry” Quotes to Send Over Text
We all make mistakes and sometimes inadvertently hurt the ones we love. A simple “sorry” is often all it takes to make things right. But as we all know, saying sorry is never easy, especially when you have to tell it to someone’s eyes. Even if you’re courageous enough to give it a try, your nerves can get the best of you, you may start speaking incoherently, and your apology won’t come out the way you planned it.
In situations like these, a heartfelt, carefully worded text message might be a better solution. If you’ve hurt a loved one and want to ask for their forgiveness, the following 15 “I am sorry” texts could help.
If you don’t want to get into the specifics of the argument and add fuel to the fire, try one of the following quotes:
- Words can’t describe how sorry I am, but I want you to know that I really am sorry. Please forgive me.
- I can’t begin to tell you how stupid I feel. I have managed to hurt the feelings of the single person I love and care for more than anything else in this world. I am deeply sorry, and I sincerely hope that you can forgive me for it one day.
- My darling, you have every right to be angry with me. I only want you to know that I am terribly sorry for hurting you and that I love you so much.
- I know I have made a mistake, my love, but I’m putting my ego aside and admitting that I have acted wrongly and foolishly. I hope you can see through me and realize how deeply sorry I am.
- I know saying sorry won’t make up for the fact that I disappointed you, but I hope at least it shows that I have realized my actions and regret them deeply. Forgive me, my love. I am sorry.
- After our fight, I had a lot of time to cool down and think things over. I realized one thing – how much you really mean to me. Please forgive me.
- I cannot promise that we will never have another argument again, but at least I can promise to be more thoughtful, understanding, and patient. Please give me another chance, and I will try to be a better person. For you.
- I am sorry for not being the person that you deserve. I will try my hardest to do better from now on. I love you so much and can’t stand seeing you hurt. Please forgive me.
- My love, I would never think of hurting you because I would only be hurting myself by doing that. I hope this message can make things right and show you how deeply sorry I am.
- If I could put my emotions into writing, I’d write how deeply sorry I am to have wronged a precious soul like yours. Please, try to let go of your anger and forgive me.
Some of your actions may cause the person you care for the most to lose trust in you. While a simple text message won’t magically rebuild that trust, it can be a good first step in the right direction.
The following five messages can help:
- I know that I ruined your trust of me. Please forgive me, the last thing I wanted was for you to doubt me and my intentions.
- I can’t tell you how sorry I am for betraying your trust. I failed to treat your trust as the treasure that it is. But I can promise you one thing – I will work hard to earn that trust back from you.
- I am so sorry that I lied to you. I know that your trust in me is shaken right now, but I will do anything to prove that you did not make the wrong decision by trusting me in the first place.
- Things can’t just go back to the way they were overnight, and I know that. But believe me – I will spend all my days doing everything I can to earn your love and your trust back.
- My love, I know that trust is like a crystal statuette – it is very difficult to maintain but very easy to break. The latter was never my intention. Please forgive me and don’t be mad at me.
Your Turn to Apologize
Has one of these 15 messages helped you rebuild trust with your partner? Do you know any other short, text message-friendly quotes that could help resolve arguments between two people in love? Share your quotes, thoughts, and experiences in the comments section below.