Taking back off Nexus 4 to open the battery cover is a little harder than other smartphones. But following some simple steps, you can open your LG Nexus 4 battery cover safely and easily.
Before you start to open the battery cover on your LG Nexus 4, you will need a T5 Torx screwdriver to open the two external screws. A T5 Torx screwdriver can be purchased at your local electronic store for less around $5.
- Find the two external screws on the bottom of your LG Nexus 4. The screws are located on both sides of the mini-USB charging port.
- If the rubber covers are still attached, remove those to access the two screws.
- Using the T5 Torx screwdriver, remove the two screws.
- Remove the SIM card tray from the side of your device
- Starting at the bottom by the mini-USB charging port, remove the back cover. The bottom will snap off first.
- Proceeding to the right, continue to pry the back cover until it is completely removed.
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
It’s possible to replace the LG Nexus 4 battery if needed. For example, if its performance drops significantly over time, one can replace it with a brand new battery for your smartphone.
This YouTube video shows instructions for removing the cover from your LG Nexus 4.