How to Download Movies in TeaTV
TeaTV was a really great app. Why the past tense? Well, the app doesn’t have a bright future ahead of it, as it was taken down a few months ago. This sort of app isn’t exactly legal, and when the owners finally got caught, they decided to ditch the entire project.
The good news is that you can still get the app on Android devices, Firestick and Fire TV. You can use TeaTV to watch and download movies and TV shows. If you’re interested in doing so, you’re in the right place. Read on and find out how.
TeaTV Setup Tutorial
As mentioned, TeaTV was shut down, but thanks to some miracle, Android and Fire TV users can still get it. The supported list of devices includes Android TV, NVIDIA Shield, Fire TV, Mi Box, Android Box, Firestick, etc.
Follow these steps to install TeaTV on any of the mentioned devices:
- Go to Developer Options on your device.
- Enable the Allow Apps from Unknown Sources option. Continue with OK.
- Go back to your device’s home screen and enter the Search option.
- Type in Downloader.
- Tap on the Downloader app, download, and install it following the easy to follow instructions on your screen.
- Launch this app when the setup is complete.
- Allow it to access your photos, files, and media.
- On the home screen of the Downloader app, enter https://troypoint.com/tea in the search bar.
- Select Go.
- Follow the instructions to install TeaTV on your device.
We’re not done yet. This is just the barebones TeaTV app, but you need something else in order to have the best viewing experience. Continue to add MX Player to TeaTV to make it better.
Add MX Player to TeaTV
The best player for these kinds of streaming apps on Android is MX Player. In case you don’t have it, don’t worry, we got you covered. Here are the steps for downloading MX player:
- Launch the Downloader app on your device, which you used to get TeaTV before.
- Type in the following in the Downloader query https://troypoint.com/mx-player/.
- Select Install MX Player. Tap Done.
- The installation is bugged for some reason. You need to press Delete two times.
- After that, the MX Player will be successfully installed.
Follow the steps to use MX Player with TeaTV:
- Launch TeaTV on your device.
- Search for a movie you’d like to see. Select the movie and press Watch Now below the title.
- Then choose to Play with External Video Player.
- Choose MX Player, and select Always below so it becomes your default movie player.
MX Player isn’t only a great video player, but it also lets you use subtitles while watching movies or TV shows on TeaTV.
How to Download Movies
TeaTV actually has a native feature for downloading movies and TV shows within the app. Here’s how you can download a movie on TeaTV:
- Open TeaTV on your device.
- Choose the movie you want to download and select a source.
- On the next window, choose Download from the available options.
- Wait until the download completes. This may take a while, depending on your internet speed.
- When the downloads are done, click on it and choose MX Player to open it.
- That’s it, you can watch the movie you just downloaded whenever you like.
Before You Do This
There are some things you should take into consideration prior to downloading anything on your Android or Fire OS device. Always look at your storage space before a download, making sure that you have enough available.
Consider getting a solid internet package so that you can enjoy free streaming and downloading content quickly. Finally, you should always use a VPN service to protect yourself while streaming or downloading anything illegal from the internet.
ExpressVPN is a solid choice since it’s probably the best virtual private network provider currently available. They have a great number of servers, fast connection, impenetrable encryption, and ExpressVPN can be used on multiple devices at the same time.
Of course, there are other solid VPN options. Choose one depending on your preference and budget, if they’re mostly the same in terms of price.
Download a Movie and Watch It Later
Nowadays, there are too many streaming apps but not all of them allow you to download movies and watch them later, at your convenience. TeaTV allows you to do that. But aware: the app is likely to be removed in the near future.
TeaTV has already been taken down, their website and social media accounts are gone. The app has survived on Android somehow, but it was removed from Windows and iOS devices. We suggest moving on to a legal streaming service, such as Hulu, Netflix, Disney Plus, etc.
These are much safer, aren’t too expensive, and you don’t need a VPN with them. Leave your questions and thoughts in the comments section below.