Telegram is one of the best and most popular text messaging apps around. It’s available across platforms and users really like how fast and easy it is to navigate. Another thing that makes Telegram a lot of fun to users is the myriad of stickers you can add and download.
There are sticker channels and sticker bots, with something for everyone. But what if you really want to make a sticker pack of your own? Can you do it and how would that work exactly?
Creating a Sticker Pack
Telegram likes to point out that their stickers are grouped and based around emotions, not characters. They don’t clutter the interface and will be suggested only when it’s relevant. When you start a message in Telegram with an emoji you’ll get a list of corresponding stickers. So, how do you create your own sticker pack? Follow these steps to make that happen:
- Go to Search (magnifying glass in the top right corner) and just type in “Stickers”.
- This search will lead you to the official Sticker Bot by Telegram. Tap on the screen and proceed.
- Now you’re ready to start making the sticker pack. Tap /newpack in order to create a new sticker pack.
- You will be prompted to name your new sticker pack. Time to get creative.
- Now send the sticker as a file. The image Telegram sticker bot supports must be in PNG format with a transparent layer and must fit into a 512×512 square. The sticker also has to use a white stroke and shadow.
- After you send the correct image, you’ll be asked to send an emoji corresponding to the first sticker.
- After you send the emoji, the Sticker Bot will inform you that your sticker is now in the pack.
- You can now send a 100×100 image if you want to set your sticker pack icon. Or you can skip this step.
- Finally, provide a short name that will be used in a link for your sticker pack.
- Your sticker pack is now published, and you will get the link.
You can now share your sticker pack with other Telegram users. Just send them the link and they’ll be able to add it. But it’s important that they have the updated version of Telegram.
Get the Most from Sticker Bot
Also, you can use the Sticker Bot for other sticker-related actions. You can add stickers to an existing sticker pack. Or you can change the corresponding emojis, remove a sticker, or even delete an entire sticker pack. Sticker Bot can also be used to get stats for a sticker, or a sticker pack. You can check which ones are used the most and get individual usage stats.
Many freelance artists can take advantage of the fact that Telegram is willing to purchase their artwork in the form of stickers. Telegram will pay $100 for the exclusive use of a 512×512 sticker. You can go to their website and check out some of their stickers and examine the criteria in detail. Their Art & History Sticker Pack is particularly well done.
Help Yourself with an App
If you’re keen on creating your own sticker pack for Telegram, there are several things to keep in mind. First, you have to think about copyright infringement and other types of issues with content. Therefore, don’t go making stickers from well-known brand logos and things like that.
Another thing is that, unless you’re skillful with image manipulation, you might have some difficulties getting your sticker to fit the image size and quality criteria.
This is where you might benefit from an app that specializes in turning your images in sticker-ready files. You can find Sticker Maker on both Android and iOS and it’s probably going to make sticker-making a much easier process. It’s also something you can use for other messaging apps that support stickers.
Let Your Creativity Take Over
The most difficult part is getting your potential sticker to be Telegram Sticker Bot approved. When your image is supported, you can make as many sticker packs as you like. All you have to do is follow the instructions of the Sticker Bot. The best part comes when you get to share what you’ve created with other people. And if you’re not feeling creative, just browse through the many stickers Telegram already has.
Will you be making any Telegram sticker packs? Let us know in the comments section below.