TechJunkie is a BOX20 Media Company
How to Add Timed Text to TikTok
With so many features available nowadays to make your videos memorable, once you create an account on TikTok, all you have to do is unleash your creativity. And while this app mostly involves videos, some things are better when in writing.
Among the filters, stickers, and other effects, you also have the option to add text to your TikTok videos. Some people use this to make funny videos. Fitness trainers use it to briefly explain or name the exercise they’re presenting.
What else can you do with the text effect on TikTok? Read on to find out.
If you want to create a TikTok video with text elements, but you don’t want them to appear on the screen during the whole video, there’s a simple way to set it up.
Use the Set duration option. Here’s how:
And that’s it! If you follow these instructions, your text can, for instance, appear five seconds into your video and disappear before the video ends.
Suppose you want to create a TikTok video to explain the multiple steps involved in doing something (like a recipe, for example), you may need different text files to appear at different times within the video.
You can do this by following the instructions from the section above. Once you’re done setting a timer for one text file, just add a new text file, style it, and repeat the process for selecting the duration.
This way, you can have, for example, various text files coming in at five, ten, twenty-five seconds into the video.
Do you have more questions about using TikTok and creating unique videos? We’ve selected the most common questions TikTok newbies have, so keep reading to learn the answers.
The process of signing up for TikTok is straightforward. After you download the app from the App Store or Google Play, follow the following steps:
• Launch the app on your mobile device.
• Tap on the Me button. It’s located on the bottom right corner.
• Choose the method you want to use to register. This can be your phone number or email address, or you can sign up via Google, Facebook, or Twitter.
• The next step is to enter your birthday (which won’t be shown publicly). Note that you can’t create an account on your own if you’re under 13 years old. Tap Next to continue.
• Type in your phone number or email address. Then, select Next.
• Depending on your choice, you will receive an SMS or an email with a 6-digit code that you need to enter as the next step. If you can’t find the code, tap the Resend code button.
• You’ll be asked to create a password. Make sure it’s strong so your account is protected – use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
• Verify that you’re not a robot, and you’re finished!
When the app first came out, you could only create short videos that lasted up to 15 seconds. Now, you can choose between sticking to this length or recording a one-minute video.
But there’s a trick to overrule this: the rules only apply to videos created using the TikTok app itself. If you record a video using another app, you can upload it to your TikTok profile, even if it’s longer than 60 seconds.
Note that the file still can’t be bigger than 287.6 MB for iOS devices and 72 MB for Android phones.
To add text to a TikTok video, upload one to your TikTok account. You can also record one using TikTok’s native camera. Then, follow the instructions below.
• When you’re finished recording, open the video.
• Navigate to the bottom of the screen, and tap on the Aa icon. This designates text, and a field will open on your display.
• Enter the text you want to show on your video.
• If you wish to change it, tap on the text file, and then select the Edit button above.
If TikTok captions are stopping you from fully enjoying videos, we’re sorry to disappoint you. As yet, TikTok doesn’t have a built-in option to hide the captions. However, there are a few things to try.
Unfortunately, you can’t hide them from your video to let your followers see the full screen. Still, they can download your video to their devices. That way, they won’t be seeing captions. You can also upload your videos without hashtags or text in the description.
You can use the same method to “hide” captions from someone else’s videos. Download them, and once you’re done watching, you can remove them from your mobile device.
Adding stickers, text, and other effects to your TikTok slideshows is optional. If you want to add them, the process is just the same as for any other video.
When you’re done creating your slideshow, just tap on the text icon on the bottom of the screen and add any desired text to your videos.
You can add different filters, effects, stickers, music, and text to your TikTok videos. For now, it’s not possible to add time, unless you find a sticker that resembles a clock or something similar that you believe would be a suitable replacement.
If you want to make your text disappear before the video ends, use the Set duration option and choose when you want your text to stop showing on the screen. Check the How to Add Timed Text to TikTok section from this article to see the steps.
See how many options you have to make your videos unique? If you choose the right tools, your video may even go viral!
Adding text can be useful for many people who are using TikTok to build their online business. Sharing recipes, workouts, language lessons, and more – this type of content benefits from TikTok creators being able to add text.
Have you already tried using text files in your TikTok videos? What kind of content do you create? Let us know in the comments section below.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Dec 14, 2020
1911 Articles Published
May 18, 2022
Apr 13, 2022
Mar 2, 2022
Feb 9, 2022
May 23, 2022
May 22, 2022
May 19, 2022
May 31, 2021
Jan 15, 2020
Copyright @2021 TechJunkie