The 3 Top Marketing Automation Apps
Over the last four years, the marketing automation industry has blossomed from a half a billion dollar market to $5.5 billion in 2019. Today, at least 67% of marketing leaders are using automation platforms, and the number is only growing. That has increased the number of marketing automation apps in the market, with new tools being unveiled every year. Here are the three most popular and top-rated services for small and medium enterprises.
But first, let’s take a look at some of the most common features in marketing automation apps.
- Email Marketing – A good marketing automation app should allow you to easily create email campaigns, and offer templates that you can readily use. This feature ensures that target audiences are reached instantly through mass emails..
- Lead Scoring – The right automation software for your marketing campaign needs to be able to score leads automatically using pre-set criteria such as demographics, the target customers behavior, and historical interactions.
- Customer profiling – This feature analyses website visitors in search of relevant information such as IP address and source page. It’s essentially a smart form that captures the prospect and customer data. You can also get more detailed profiling using the right social credentials.
- CRM Integration – Marketing automation apps work hand in hand with CRMs. That’s because qualified leads need to be sent to the sales team directly for immediate action. Third-party apps or add-ons can also facilitate integration.
- Mobile Optimization – Being in the Smartphone era, mobile optimization is a key factor in the success of any marketing campaign. That means you should choose marketing automation software with mobile-friendly landing pages and emails. That will allow your target customers to access these platforms from anywhere at any time.
Top Marketing Automation Apps
- Active Campaign
Active Campaign is one of the best marketing automation tools for most businesses. Unlike others, it comes at a very reasonable price and offers a range of impressive features. There are no hidden costs or mandatory training packages, making it a great solution for small and medium businesses alike. Additionally, the company is constantly innovating new features, giving their customers extremely useful upgrades such A/B testing in automation sequences.
If you’re always worried about buggy interfaces, downtimes, and email deliverability, then Active Campaign is what your business needs. Its visual campaign creator is highly user-friendly, making it easy to build complex automation campaigns without prior training or experience. Additionally, the app boasts of a responsive customer support team that is always quick to respond and genuinely help.
Infusionsoft is designed as an all-in-one management tool for small businesses looking to succeed in sales and marketing. This automation platform comes with a powerful campaign builder, a CRM database, e-commerce and sales pipeline automation. The CRM database doesn’t separate the contacts in lists, unlike others like MailChimp, making data management seamless.
While its CRM system is powerful, the marketing automation sets the software apart from the rest. The campaign builder comes with a drag-and-drop tool and a simple interface, allowing you to unleash the power of marketing automation. You can easily create complete marketing campaigns, life cycles, and create your customer journeys.
The Infusionsoft pricing might seem to be on the higher-end for entrepreneurs who are starting, but its features are all worth it. Moreover, it’s one of the biggest Marketo competitors with cloud-based performance to allow you to log in from any computer. However, Infusionsoft may not be the best choice for thousands of products, or as a replacement for Woocommerce.
Ontraport is what you get when an intelligent autoresponder meets a powerful CRM. This all-in-one marketing automation software offers excellent features like email marketing, affiliate management, WordPress integration, and more. It has great customer service, and you can even host your site using their subdomain if you don’t have one.
While it has great features that give you the best value for your money, this automation tool may not be ideal for large or medium-sized companies. However, Ontraport is a brilliant choice for anyone selling information products such as life coaches, online trainers, or anything that requires a paid membership site. The software makes your life easy, allowing you to automate everything that most CRMs force you to do manually.
Signing up on Ontraport is a bit complicated since you can only import your contact in CSV format. However, starting is not very complicated since the import process is simple and streamlined. Moreover, you can add custom fields instantly while importing your contact.
For small and medium-sized businesses, ActiveCampaign is your best bet especially when you’re on a budget. However, other options like Infusionsoft and Ontraport are great for anyone looking for an all-in-one CRM platform, though typically at a higher price range.