An unresponsive touch screen on the LG V30, is quite alarming. And you probably don’t know what caused it or whether it can be fixed or worst case scenario that you need to replace your screen.
Now before you instinctively go out and buy yourself a new screen to replace the “broken” touchscreen on the LG V30, it’s highly suggested that you try a few things out to make sure that you can manually fix the touchscreen yourself without getting the screen replaced. The following instructions will walk you through the process on how to fix touch screen unresponsive in spots using the Service menu on the V30.
How To Fix Touch screen Unresponsive on V30:
- First, make sure that your V30 is turned on.
- Then, from the home screen, open the Phone app.
- Next, type “*#0*#” in the keypad.
- After that, you will now see a couple of different tiles that look like an “X”.
- Now, if you can mark everything with your fingers, then the touch test worked and the V30 screen is functional.
But if you can’t paint the tiles in the shape of a “X” then that is the time when you need to replace your LG V30 screen. If you are still under a warranty, then LG should be able to replace your smartphone and fix the problem without a hitch.