Turn Safe Mode ON Or OFF For Google Pixel 2
The Google Pixel 2 features Safe Mode that allows users to access the operating system with default software in case there are any troubleshooting issues on the Pixel 2. In addition, you can use Safe Mode if any installed apps no longer work or if the Pixel 2 keeps restarting.
For those that don’t know what Safe Mode is, it’s a different mode that places the Pixel 2 environment that allows users to securely uninstall applications, remove bugs. The best time to use Safe Mode on the Pixel 2 is when you notice an app is messing up and you can not uninstall it normally just switch to Google Pixel 2 safe mode and it will be very easy for you to uninstall it without harming your device. After you have fixed the issues, you can get the Pixel 2 out of Safe Mode and use the smartphone like normal. Below are instructions on how to turn on Safe Mode and how to get Pixel 2 off Safe Mode.
How to Turn on Safe Mode on Google Pixel 2:
- Turn “OFF” the Pixel 2
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Pixel 2″ logo
- When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
- Keep holding the Volume Down until your phone finishes rebooting
- If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen
- Let go of the Volume Down button
- To exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart
It’s important to note that when the Pixel 2 is in Safe Mode, this will disable all third-party services and apps until the Pixel 2 is out of Safe Mode. This allows you to get into the device quickly, enable or disable whatever you need to, then restart.
How to Get Pixel 2 Out of Safe Mode:
- Restart the Pixel 2 and it will return back to the Normal Mode
- Enter recovery mode
- Remove the battery and put it back after 5 minutes
It has been reported that some Pixel 2 models, may require you to press and hold the Volume Down button during startup in the same manner as enabling it to exit Safe Mode.
The instructions above should allow you to enter “Safe Mode” on your Pixel 2. Also this guide should help when you want to boot Pixel 2 into safe mode when you’re having troubleshooting issues with individual apps and want to fix issues that relate to apps.