Disney Plus burst onto the streaming service scene earlier this year – and things will never be the same again! Baby Yoda memes have taken over the internet, and Marvel and Pixar’s full content library is just a subscription away.
You can access Disney Plus in various ways. Directly from source or through new bundle deals. You can also watch it using Chromecast. Convenient, yes. But a new Star Wars series really deserves to be cast on the big screen and not viewed from a mobile device. So, how exactly do you make that happen?
How Do You Chromecast Disney Plus on Your “Dumb” TV
Sometimes you forget that smart TVs haven’t been around that long. Many people have big screen TVs that don’t fall into the category of smart, but they’re still pretty cool. Therefore, why should they get rid of them? If you want to have the option of casting the content to your TV from a mobile device, you need a Chromecast device.
And if you have one, it means you can even cast Disney Plus. The first thing you need is a Disney Plus account. If you haven’t signed up already, all you have to do is go to Disney Plus and follow all the steps. You even have a seven-day free trial to make sure you really want to commit to it. Then follow the steps below:
- Plug in your Chromecast device into one of the HDMI ports.
- Use your remote to switch to the right HDMI input.
- Access your Disney Plus account from a mobile device.
- Find the movie or TV show you want to watch and open it.
- Tap on the Chromecast icon, in the right top corner of your device.
- Select your TV from the list of the devices that you’ll see on the screen.
How Do You Chromecast Disney Plus on Your Android TV
For those who have Android smart TVs and can’t wait to see all of the fresh and interesting content Disney Plus has to offer, it’s an even easier process. You don’t need the Chromecast device, so you don’t have to worry about configuring it and installing it properly.
All you have to do is ensure that your TV is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device. Or the computer you plan to Chromecast Disney Plus from.
- Turn on your Android TV.
- Log into your Disney Account on the mobile device.
- Select the show or the movie you’re planning to watch.
- Tap on the Chromecast icon in the top right corner.
- Find your TV from the list of the devices you see.
Casting Disney Plus from the Web
In case it’s more convenient for you to access Disney Plus from your laptop or desktop computer, you can cast the content that way as well. Disney Plus supports Chromecast from the web. You just need to be using the Google Chrome browser to do so.
When you log into your Disney Plus account on your web browsers and start playing a movie or a TV show, you’ll see the Chromecast icon appear in the top right corner. Just tap the icon to find your TV on the list.
In Case You Don’t See the Cast Icon
One of the most common issues when it comes to using Chromecast is that the cast icon doesn’t appear. When this happens, it can be frustrating. You have everything set up and ready to go. All of a sudden, the Chromecast device and your mobile device won’t connect. Here are some of the things you can do when this happens:
- Check if your mobile device is connected to Wi-Fi. If so, is it the same wireless network connected to your Chromecast device?
- Check your internet connection. Reset your router and then check to see if the cast icon has appeared.
- If you still can’t see the Cast icon in your Disney Plus app, try exiting the app and launching it again.
These steps should make sure that you can successfully connect your Disney Plus to your TV so that you can enjoy all the great content.
To Chromecast or Not
Everyone is used to going straight to the smartphone or tablet when they need to access something quickly. And when it comes to casting content on your TV, it’s a really neat shortcut to get to watch what you want. Sometimes, you’ll just watch an episode of The Mandalorian on your phone in bed, but other times you have to see it on the big screen. Just a few clicks and it’s there. There can be glitches, of course, but overall this is an awesome way to watch your favorite Disney plus content.
Do you use Chromecast to watch Disney Plus? And have you had any issues with it? Let us know in the comments section below.