It would be really cool if you could use Snapchat on your Mac, wouldn’t it. Well, actually, there is a way. We’re going to show you how you’ll also be able to use Snapchat on your Mac—keep reading, and you’ll soon be snapping from behind the screen of your Mac.
Also see our article How To Get Snapchat Points
Let’s get right down to how you’ll get and install Snapchat.
First, let’s enable apps to get installed from places other than just the Apple app store. Before you can download and install the Android emulator—Andy—you’ll need to make sure your Mac allows the installation. To do that, you’ll need to:
- Go to “System Preferences” on your Mac.
- Next, you’re going to click on “Security and Privacy.”
- Then, click on the “General” tab (the first tab on the top left in Security and Privacy).
- If you’ve only got apps from the Apple app store allowed for installation on your Mac, you’ll need to check off the “Allow apps downloaded from:” both the App Store and identified developers.
Now you should have the ability to download and install the Android emulator without a hitch. Keep moving right along . . .
Get the Emulator
Make your way to the Andy website. Here you’re going to download Andy, which is an Android emulator. This is going to allow you to access and use Snapchat from your Mac. You can either click on the “Download” link in the menu at the top of the Andy website page, or click the download link right from the home page. (That’s the page you’ve just landed on from our handy link above.)
Once Andy is downloaded:
- Go to your “Downloads” folder in your Web browser or the “Downloads” folder on your Mac.
- Then, double-click on the “Andy.pkg” file to install it on your Mac.
- Your Mac prompts you to click on and accept installation of Andy to your Mac, just as with any application or program you install on your Mac.
- When you’ve completed the installation process of Andy, it’ll now be in your “Applications” folder on your Mac.
Now that you’ve installed Andy, you’re going to head to the “Applications” folder on your Mac.
Next, you’ll double-click on Andy to open it and get it running.
- You’ll be greeted by Andy, and the app tells you to tap the “App Drawer” circle and add all your favorite apps.
- Then, Andy directs you to the Google Play store to download some apps.
- After you’ve tapped on the Google Play store, you’re going to sign in with your existing account, or make a new one if you don’t already have one created.
- When you’re successfully signed in, go the Google Play store.
- Next, type “Snapchat” in the search box in the upper middle portion of your screen. It should bring you to the Snapchat app download page.
- Click on “Install” and then click on “Accept” to install Snapchat within Andy. Once completed, you can go into Snapchat and start using it directly on your Mac.
That’s all—you’re done! You can now use Snapchat from your Mac. We hope this walkthrough has successfully worked for you. Happy Snapping!