How to Use the Starz App with Xfinity
Recently, there’s been some discord between Xfinity and Starz. As a result, you may have had trouble accessing your favorite TV shows and movies.
But can you still access Starz on Xfinity? And if so, how do you do it? In this article, we’ll outline everything you need to know. Plus, we’ll provide some alternative platform choices for those considering a change.
How Do You Enable Starz on Xfinity?
Due to their fallout with Comcast, Starz programming has been removed from Xfinity’s regular lineup. In turn, Comcast decided to dispense with Starz channels under their usual cable network service.
Luckily, the two companies haven’t completely broken ties with each other. You can still add Starz to your package. Here’s how you can do it if you’re a new member:
- Create your Xfinity account.
- Choose the package that you like best.
- Add the package to the cart and start checking out.
- Then, choose “Starz” along with any other premium channels.
If you already have an Xfinity account, you can access its premium channels offer at any time to add Starz. This is what you need to do:
- Press “Xfinity” on the remote.
- Select “Apps” with the arrows and choose OK.
- Go to the “Manage Channels” feature with the arrows and choose OK.
- This will bring up all the available channels, including subscription, sports, on-demand, premium, and international channels (channels you’ve already subscribed to will have a check mark below them).
- Choose Starz from the list of channels by pressing the blue circle under the “Starz” logo.
- Once you select Starz, your new price per month will show up in the top-right part of your screen.
- Select the “Review Changes” option to proceed.
At this point, you’ll access the menu where you can review your changes. In particular, you’ll bring up the order review section. This will display the following items:
- Channels you’ve added.
- Channels you’ve removed.
- The cost of each addition and removal.
- The current cost of your package per month.
- Approximate fees and taxes.
- New approximate monthly cost.
If you want to make some amendments to your purchase, go to the “Edit Changes” option. This will bring you back to previous screens where you can modify your plan.
If all is good to go, you can proceed to confirm your Starz purchase. This is how to do it:
- Choose “Confirm Changes” (if your purchasing PIN is disabled, Xfinity will require you to type it prior to the confirmation.)
- In your order confirmation, you’ll be able to see all the details of your purchase.
- Press “Exit” to leave the app.
You’ll now be able to access Starz whenever you want.
Where Else Can You Access Starz?
Xfinity is not the only platform that includes Starz in its offer. You can enable Starz on a number of networks. Here are just some of them:
- Philo – The first week of your Starz experience on Philo is cost-free. Afterward, you’d have to pay $5 per month during the initial three months. Once the three-month period expires, the price of Starz would be $9 per month.
- Hulu + Live TV – Starz is included as a premium channel on Hulu. Therefore, you’d be charged $9 monthly for the addition of Starz to your package.
- AT&T – If you don’t have AT&T’s ultimate package, you’ll need to include Starz as an add-on channel. If you decide to get it, it’ll cost you $11 every month.
- YouTube TV – YouTube TV is yet another network where Starz is considered a premium offer. To enable it, you’ll have to pay an additional $9 on a monthly basis.
- Amazon Prime Video – If you’ve already subscribed to Amazon Prime, you can include Starz to your library for $9 a month.
- Starz.com – Accessing Starz programming directly may be the easiest option. This way, there are no cable TV cable providers whose services you have to pay for in order to reach Starz. All you need to do is sign up online for $9 a month and you’ll be able to watch Starz on multiple platforms including Android, iOS, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV.
Add Starz to Your Entertainment Repertoire
If you’re not sure what to do in your downtime, Starz might be the ideal solution. It’s available on numerous platforms and devices. Just choose your favorite and start streaming.
What have you used to access Starz? Have you had any problems watching Starz content on Xfinity? Let us know in the comments section below.