How to Use Uber Without a Smart Phone
Uber is one of the most popular ways of getting a ride in major cities around the world. You only have to download the app and create an account to be able to order a private ride. However, Uber realized that some users don’t have smartphones and they can’t use the app to book a ride. That’s why they created a website allows users to get the same results without using a smartphone at all. Stay with us and we will explain how everything works.
Create Your Uber Account Online
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can still get Uber rides but instead of using the app, you will have to rely on the official Uber website. We will explain what you need to do to create a profile, and how to book an Uber driver after that. Here is what you have to do:
- Go to the Uber website with your PC or laptop. When you arrive at the homepage, you can start the registration process. Uber will want to know your location so just hit “Yes” when Uber asks you to share your location. You will share your IP address with Uber, helping them to figure out where you are located.
- Enter your account details and payment method. Next, you will have to provide your email address and enter a password. Fill out all of the boxes with correct information to complete the registration process. The last step is to enter the payment method by providing your credit card number. However, you can do that later.
- When you fill out all the boxes, hit the big blue button at the bottom of the page. It says “Create Account,” and after clicking on it, you are ready to order your first Uber ride.
Ordering Rides Without the Uber App
Now that your account is set up, you can use any computer or mobile device to book an Uber driver. Here is what you have to do:
- Go to the official Uber website on any device.
- Some users receive a “Network Error” due to security reasons. If that happens to you, write an email to the Uber support team. Include your name, the email you used to register the account and explain that you’re getting the error. The issue should be resolved in a few hours. If after the problem persists for a few days, resend the message.
- Enter your email and password to log into the site. Hit “Done” and you should be able to enter Uber’s website.
- If you skipped the payment information section during profile creation, enter the payment details first. You’re now ready to book your first Uber ride.
Booking a Ride
Ok, when you’ve entered the payment details and when everything checks out, you are ready to book your first ride. Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way in no time.
- First, enter the pickup location. The “set up pickup” pin will show up in the middle of the screen. If Uber can’t find your exact location automatically, enter the address manually by moving the pin to where you need it.
- Next, choose the type of the ride you need. You can choose larger family wagons if you’re carrying a lot of bags, or if there are more than 4 people along for the ride. Click on the little car icon in the bottom right corner and choose the ride you want.
- Now, when you have selected the pickup location and the type of vehicle, confirm your choice by tapping the “Set Pickup Location” banner on your map. That will take you to the confirmation screen.
- Once there, enter your destination. You will see a bar saying “Add Dropoff Location” in the top right corner of the screen. Type in your destination.
- Next, check the ride cost. Click on the “Fare Quote” button to get a price estimation.
- You can also use a promo code if you have one. Click on “Promo Code” right next to the “Fare Quote,” and enter the code in the box.
- If you have entered all of the information, you are ready to book your first Uber ride. Hit the black button at the bottom of the screen and the first available driver will start moving towards the pickup point.
Follow Your Uber Driver
One of the best features about Uber is that you can follow the car that’s supposed to pick you up in real-time. Leave the browser opened and watch how your car approaches your location. You will also get access to the driver’s information. Whatever you do, leave the browser opened until your ride arrives because closing it may cancel the trip.
Get Uber Rides Without a Smartphone
Uber has taken the world by storm and the company is always looking for new ways to improve their services. Since some users don’t have smartphones, they made it possible to book a ride through their official website, as well. So, if you ever find yourself stuck somewhere without a smartphone, you can use other devices and get a ride in no time.
Do you use the Uber app or the site to book your rides? If you’re using the app, would you give the desktop site a chance? Let us know in the comments section below.