Snapchat is a terrific application to share moments of your life with family and friends. You can take photos throughout your day or a video if you like and add them to the snaps that make up your Snapchat story. Your snaps get displayed from most recent to those you’ve taken in the last twenty-four hours.
Also see our article Snapchat—How to Screenshot Without Them Knowing
When you want to show people a glimpse of your day to day life Snapchat is where it’s at. Your story can be viewed multiple times by your friends, family and any of your Snapchat following. Well, what if you want to see your own story, can you? The answer is yes and we’re going to break it down for you.
View Your Story
Maybe, you were living it up and posted some things you may not have otherwise snapped and added it to your Snapchat Story. Are you a little unclear about just what you did post? You can check and make sure nothing life shattering or altering was posted to your story.
- Open the Snapchat application on either your Android or iOS device.
- Snapchat launches open to the camera page where you take snaps. Swipe right on the Snapchat app.
- Next, go all the way to the top under Stories then, tap on My Story. It’ll show you what you’ve posted in succession in the last day.
Who Viewed My Story
If you’re worried about who saw the snaps viewable in your story, you can check to see who looked at them. Where it says My Story;
- Tap the three grayed out dots on the upper right-hand side of your mobile devices display.
- Now, you’ll see all your snaps in your Story and if anyone has viewed them, you’ll see a purple eye icon on the right-hand side with a number next to it for how many views it’s received.
- Tap on the purple eye icon. That shows you the listed names of viewers from your Snapchat followers.
How to Delete Snaps
Has someone already seen that less than flattering Snap pic or video you shot? Well, then, you’d better delete it before anyone else gets their eyes on it. To delete a snap from your story;
- Tap on the desired snap which you’d like removed from your Snapchat Story.
- In the bottom right there’s a garbage can icon. No, Oscar the Grouch isn’t going to pop out of there.
- Tap the Garbage can icon to delete a snap. A pop up asks to make sure you want to, in fact, delete that snap. As long as you’re sure, tap the delete button.
Now you’re saved from wanting to hide under a rock even further than, you already are.
Save Your Story
Want to save your Snapchat Story? Perhaps you’ve decided your Snapchat Story wasn’t so terrible after all; you’ve viewed it and it’s worth keeping. Now you want to save your Story so you can relive and view it anytime you want. Hold on to those memories by doing this;
- Under your Story on the right-hand side to the left of those three little gray dots is an icon with an arrow pointing down into what appears to be half a box.
- Tap on the arrow pointing downward and you’ll get asked if you want to save your Story. Doing so saves your entire story to your Snapchat memories.
- Tap yes and your story becomes downloaded and saved.
Now you’ve got the low-down on how you can do multiple things with your own Snapchat Story. You can view it, delete snaps, see who’s viewed your story and save your own Story. Hopefully, you’ll only have good experiences while using Snapchat but sometimes things happen and you need to get rid of the evidence. Happy Snapping.