How To Watch Youtube Videos with Chromecast
YouTube is one of the best platforms for viewing and posting all types video recordings. If you’ve used YouTube from your smartphone, tablet or computer and honestly who hasn’t you know, it can be an addicting habit. If you’ve got a Google Chromecast, you can also cast YouTube from one of your mobile devices through it.
It’s not a difficult task at all. So, want to know how you can cast YouTube to your Google Chromecast? We’ d thought you’d want to know how. C’mon!
Get the Apps on Your Mobile Device
You can get the YouTube application and install it directly to your smartphone or tablet. You could also use the YouTube app through the Google Home app that gets used with your Chromecast. Also, you could certainly just go to YouTube in a Chrome browser on any mobile device, Mac or Pc. Whatever you prefer, you’ll be casting YouTube to your Chromecast device in no time.
Okay so, you’ve got the Google Home or Youtube application installed on your mobile device. You can have both if you’d like. (When you use the Google home app, it’ll still want you to install applications (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu) on your device to use them through the Google home app to cast.)
- So, when we open the YouTube application, you’ll see that there is a casting icon in the middle or upper right part of the screen. It depends on your device size and orientation.
- Next, tap on the cast icon. On an iPhone, it connected to the Chromecast device automatically. On an Android device, it’ll open a box that looks like this;
- Just tap on your Chromecast device name to start casting from the YouTube app through your Chromecast device.
Easy enough right? We thought so. Now we’ll tell you how you can cast from your Mac or Windows computer to your Chromecast device. Still with us? Good.
If you don’t already have the Google Chrome browser installed on your Mac or Pc then, go download and install it first. Then, navigate to Youtube in the Chrome browser window. Find a video you’d like to cast from your computer.
- Then, in the upper right-hand side of your Google Chrome browser click on the Google casting icon.
- Next, you’ll select your Google Chromecast device from the list. This begins casting YouTube from your computer to where you’ve got the Chromecast hooked up.
That’s all; now you’re a YouTube and Chromecasting expert. So, we’ve shown you how to cast from your mobile device or computer, no matter which platform you use. All you need is the Google Home app, YouTube app and or the Google Chrome browser and you’re ready to roll.