How to Add Someone on the Cash App
Isn’t life more convenient now you can pay your bills using a mobile app? No endless queues, no complications – you can do everything from the comfort of your own home.
Apps such as Cash App have taken mobile banking to a new level. Not only can you pay your bills, but you can also buy and sell Bitcoin, invest your money, and send it to friends or family members. Do you want to know how? This article has got you covered.
How to Add People on Cash App
The Cash app is a fast way to send money to people. It’s free and also safe as you can protect all your payments with a password. In addition, you can freeze your CashCard if you have it stolen or lose it. Plus, you can add an extra layer of security by approving payments with your fingerprint ID.
Adding friends and family to the app isn’t complicated at all. The only condition is that they have an active Cash App account – because only the app users can exchange money. And, of course, you need to be at least 18 years old to create accounts and send and receive money using this app.
Luckily, you don’t need more than a few minutes to create an account. If you have an account at a smaller bank, you may have to wait for a while to be approved. But most major banks typically get immediate approval. As soon as you’re approved, you can start sending money to your friends and family.
The following steps explain how to add people to the app. The process is the same, whether you have an iOS device or an Android smartphone.
- Tap the Cash App icon to open the app on your phone.
- In the upper-right corner of the home screen, select the person-like icon to open the account menu.
- From the account page, choose the Invite Friends, Get $5 option.
- You have two ways of adding people to the app. You can either select contacts from your phone’s contact list, or type in the details yourself, including the phone number and the name of the person you want to invite to the app. Note that if some of your contacts are already using the app, you’ll be able to see a green sign “Uses Cash App”. Also, if you haven’t already done it, the app will prompt you to allow it to access your contacts.
- After you select all the people, you’d like to invite to the Cash App, tap on Invite.
- From your default messaging app, you’ll send a generic text to the selected contacts, inviting them to use the Cash App. The text also includes your code. If they use this code while signing up, you’ll each get a $5 bonus. Be aware that you can edit the text before sending it.
Note: You can only claim the $5 reward if:
- Your contact uses your code to join the app.
- They link a debit card to their account.
- They send at least $5 to a contact within two weeks.
How to Send Money to Your Contacts
Now that you’ve added people on the Cash App, you’re probably wondering how you can send them money. Follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Cash App on your phone.
- Tap on the New button at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in the amount of money you’d like to send. Remember that you can’t send more than $250 within a week or more than $1,000 within a month.
- Select Pay.
- Add the contact info (email address and phone number) of the recipient. You can also add your contact’s $Cashtag, which is their Cash App username.
- Enter the purpose of the payment.
- After tapping on Pay, you’re done.
The money is usually transferred instantly, which can be a great thing, but there’s one downside to this. You should always make sure you’ve entered all the information correctly because it’s not possible to cancel a payment. If you send money to the wrong person, you probably won’t be able to get your money back. This is why it’s crucial to double-check everything before you tap the final Pay button.
All your transactions are saved within the app. You can always check your sent and received payments by doing the following:
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- From the home screen, select the Activity tab.
- Select any payment to see the details.
A Safe Way to Send Money
If your friends or family members are still skeptical about sending money via mobile apps, they should know the Cash App is one of the safest on the market. As long as you don’t use public networks while making a payment and add the available precaution measures such as passwords, you’re good to go.
Adding people on this app doesn’t take more than a minute and can bring you some extra cash. Are your friends already using the Cash App? Have you added more people and claimed your bonuses? Share your Cash App experiences in the comments section below.