If you’ve been using KODI for a while, you’ve probably already installed useful add-ons like Exodus and Phoenix. But have you noticed some stuttering, buffering, or pausing in your playback? We have a remedy for that—you’re going to need to clear the cache in the KODI Media Center. As a prerequisite for this tutorial, you’ll need to have fusion installed on your version of Kodi.
The easiest way to clear the cache in KODI is with the Maintenance Tool program add-on. You’ll have to install it first. After that, you can clear the cache easily in a few seconds.
Note: I’ve also had fewer issues with buffering and lag during streaming playback since I installed the most recent release of KODI (version 16, Jarvis). I’ll just put that out there as well.
Now, on to clearing the cache in your KODI Media Center.
Clearing KODI’s Cache
On the KODI home screen, navigate to “Programs.”
- Select “Programs.”
- Now, click “Addon Installer.”
- Next, click on “Program Add-ons” in the list.
- Scroll down on the next screen to find the Maintenance Tool, then select and install it.
- A pop-up box will appear, asking for your confirmation to install the Maintenance Tool. Click on the “Install” button.
- It may take a few minutes for the installation to complete.
- A “Success!” box will show up on your screen when the installation has completed. Click “OK.”
This completes the process of adding the Maintenance Tool program to your KODI Media Center.
Using the Maintenance Tool
Now we’ll show you how to use the Maintenance Tool you’ve just installed to clear the cache in KODI.
Head back to the KODI home screen.
Now make your way to “Programs” in the KODI home menu.
- A pop-up box will appear to tell you that this tool is intended for advanced users. Click “Continue.” (You’re just clearing the cache. No risk, no worries.)
- Select the Maintenance Tool to launch it.
- Click on “Programs.”
- Another box will pop up displaying community news updates. Click “OK” to dismiss it.
- Select “General Maintenance” to proceed.
- On the next screen, select “Clear Cache.”
- Once the cache is cleared, another pop-up box will appear to let you know that the cache has been cleared. Click “OK.”
You have now cleared the cache in KODI.
Any time you feel like there is a playback issue—like a lot of buffering—clearing the cache usually helps resolve it, unless you are streaming from a location under a heavy load of streaming consumption. Then it’s most likely something on the server’s end of things, and you may want to try a different stream provider or a different stream resolution quality.
We hope this helps you to continue enjoying your KODI experience!