How to Download Disney Plus on Dish
Disney Plus is finally here, and it delivered exactly what it promised. Some people still can’t believe that it wasn’t released on certain platforms and devices, but there is nothing weird about it. Disney has covered most of the major platforms and most of their fans are satisfied.
You can’t download Disney Plus on Dish and many other smaller platforms. If you are unclear which platforms are supported, you’re in luck because we’ll list all of them. Additionally, you can read about the alternatives and best ways to watch Disney Plus without much hassle and additional costs.
Get Started By Signing Up
Before you start streaming your favorite Disney movies on Disney Plus, you’ll need to get signed up for an account. Start by signing up here for a free week trial, or get your favorite movies, shows, and sports for one low price by bundling Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus right here!
List of Supported Devices
You can download Disney Plus on the following platforms:
- a) Xbox One
- b) PlayStation 4
- c) All iOS devices (iPhones and iPads)
- d) Most Roku devices
- e) Most Amazon Fire devices (Fire TV and Firestick)
- f) Chromecast
- g) Android smartphones and tablets
- h) Android TV
- i) LG Smart TVs
- j) Samsung Smart TVs
- k) Apple TV
- l) Computers with internet browsers
Many more devices and platforms will get Disney Plus support in the future, which is almost guaranteed. Be patient, and you might see Disney Plus on Dish (this is still not officially confirmed).
A dedicated Windows Disney Plus app is also highly anticipated, and Windows has global presence. In comparison, Dish is not that popular, thus the wait will probably be longer.
However, you can easily get Disney Plus on your Dish. You just need a streaming device that’s compatible with the service. Roku and Amazon Fire TV products are your best options.
How to Download Disney Plus on Roku
Most Roku devices are cheap, and they are the most cost-effective way of turning a regular TV into a smart one. Roku has over 3,000 channels to offer, including Disney Plus, which was recently added to the roster.
The best thing about Roku is that you only pay for it once. However, streaming services such as Disney Plus come with a monthly or yearly subscription fee. If you are curious, Disney Plus costs $7/month or $70/year. This is the current price, but we estimate that it will rise in the future, as the platform gets more popular.
Even now, a few days after its release, Disney Plus has over ten million users, which says a lot about its popularity. Without much ado, here is how to download Disney Plus on Roku:
- Turn on your Roku.
- Select the Streaming Channels option on the left side of the screen.
- Select Search Channels and search for Disney Plus.
- Select the Disney Plus channel and tap on Add Channel at the top of your screen.
- After a while, it will be added to your list of channels on the Home screen. Select it from there.
- Using any device with a browser, go to disneyplus.com and sign up for an account.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to create and verify your account.
- Go back to your Roku, and log into the Disney Plus app with your credentials.
How to Download Disney Plus on Fire TV and Firestick
Amazon Firestick is also a great streaming device, very similar to Roku. Follow these steps to download Disney Plus to your Firestick or Fire TV:
- Start your Fire TV or Firestick device.
- From the search bar on the left, search for Disney Plus.
- Select it from the Apps and Games tabs where it should appear.
- Tap on Get.
- The app should shortly download to your device. When it does, start it.
- Go to disneyplus.com using any device with a browser. Sign up for a Disney Plus account if you haven’t already.
- Log into your Disney account on your Firestick or Fire TV.
Disney Plus Hype Train
Disney Plus is all the rage right now. Everyone is excited about the classic Disney content, as well as The Mandalorian, a new Star Wars series. What’s more, Disney promised a bunch of platform exclusive content in the future.
In fact, Disney Plus might just dethrone Netflix and become the next top streaming service. What do you think, will they succeed? Let us know in the comments section below.