How to Download Disney Plus on Element Smart TV
The much anticipated Disney Plus streaming service has arrived… and some people are disappointed. Unfortunately, the service is only available on certain devices and platforms. If you don’t own a device from the officially released list of devices, you are out of luck.
Like always, we’re here to find a workaround and help you out. If you are wondering how to download Disney Play on an Element Smart TV, or other TVs that are not on the list, there is a way. You will need a streaming device like Roku or the Amazon Fire Stick to make it work.
Get Started By Signing Up
Before you start streaming your favorite Disney movies on Disney Plus, you’ll need to get signed up for an account. Start by signing up here for a free week trial, or get your favorite movies, shows, and sports for one low price by bundling Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus right here!
List of Devices that Support Disney Plus
Disney Plus has finally launched, but it is not available on all platforms, not even all of the major ones. For example, there is no dedicated Disney Plus app for Windows users. So, if you have a less known brand of TV or another device, you shouldn’t despair. Here are all the devices that can download Disney Plus:
- a) Apple TV
- b) iPad
- c) iPhone
- d) Amazon Fire TV
- e) Amazon Fire Tablets
- f) Amazon Fire Stick
- g) Xbox One
- h) PlayStation 4
- i) Samsung Smart TVs
- j) LG Smart TVs
- k) Android TV
- l) Android tablets and mobile phones
- m) Chromecast
- n) All Roku devices
0) Computers (via web browsers)
As you can see, Element Smart TVs, along many others, didn’t make the cut. If you can’t find your device on this list, don’t bother trying to make Disney Plus work using the native capabilities of your device.
However, you can use a streaming device, such as any Roku or Amazon Fire device, to make your TV (regular or smart) play Disney Plus content.
Download Disney Plus to Your TV Using Roku
Luckily, Roku OS is one of the supported platforms for Disney Plus. Many people use this relatively cheap and incredibly versatile streaming device. If you are not using Roku already, consider getting one of the many devices they offer. They’re cheap, they’re reliable and, most importantly, they can play Disney Plus.
You can add Disney Plus to your Roku just like you would add any other channel. We’re talking about the Roku Channel Store. Click on the link and add Disney Plus to your list of channels before you proceed. Follow these steps to download Disney Plus on Roku:
- Visit the Disney Plus official website and sign up for the service. Just follow the instructions on your screen.
- Turn on your Roku device and your Element Smart TV. Make sure your Roku is connected to the TV and working.
- Use your remote, or the Roku mobile app, to scroll down the main menu and choose Streaming Channels. The list should be on the left side of your TV.
- Tap on Search Channels.
- Type in Disney Plus and select it.
- Choose Add channel at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the Disney Plus app when it loads on your Roku Home screen.
- Sign in with your Disney Plus login information.
- Search for a movie or TV show. Tap on Play next to the title.
Download Disney Plus to Your TV Using Amazon Fire Devices
Disney Plus can also be easily installed on any Amazon Fire device. Just follow the steps:
- Go to the Disney Plus official website and sign up. Follow the instructions, and verify your account via email.
- Plug in your Firestick or Fire TV. Type in Disney Plus in the search bar at the top-left of the screen.
- Choose Disney Plus from the Apps and Games tab. Confirm by clicking on Get.
- When the app downloads to your device, open it.
- Choose Start Free Trial or log into your existing account.
Addressing the Elephant in the Room
Unfortunately, Element Smart TVs don’t offer too many apps and services from the get-go. This is more a fault on their part than it is on Disney’s. You simply can’t download Disney Plus to an Element TV using its native options and abilities.
You can watch Hulu though, and Disney has partnered with this streaming giant. Perhaps Disney content will be displayed on Hulu in the future, and make media streaming for Element smart TV owners a little easier. If you want to add something to the discussion, feel free to hit the comments section below.