Insignia Roku TV Not Connecting to Wi-Fi – What to Do
When eager to try out the new device you’ve just bought, your Wi-Fi refusing to cooperate can be frustrating.
If you’re having trouble connecting your newest Roku device to your home Wi-Fi network, or it keeps disconnecting, you won’t be able to enjoy all the streaming delights you’ve been looking forward to.
Worry not! This article will help you figure out the reason for any connection issues. Read on!
How to Connect Insignia Roku TV to Your Home Wi-Fi
Connecting your Roku TV to your home Wi-Fi network is simple and takes no more than a few minutes. Follow these steps:
- Take your Roku remote and press Home. It’s the button with a house image.
- Scroll using arrows on the remote to find Settings.
- Then select Network from the Settings menu.
- Next press Wireless (Wi-Fi).
- Select Set up new Wi-Fi connection.
- As a list of available networks appears on the screen, select your home network.
- Type in the password using the on-screen keyboard.
After you’ve completed all the steps, your Insignia Roku TV should be successfully connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
What If the TV Won’t Connect?
If you haven’t managed to complete this process successfully, and there’s an onscreen message notifying you that the TV was unable to connect to the network, here are a couple of suggestions as to what you can do to try and resolve the issue.
Improve Your Wi-Fi Signal
Something in the room may be in the way of your Wi-Fi signal, or your TV may be too far from the router. If possible, try to move things around to provide sufficient space for the signal itself. Remove anything that could be blocking it and try to keep the router as close to your TV as possible. If the Wi-Fi signal is strong, chances are you’ll finally be able to connect.
Restart the Device and the Router
Sometimes the problem occurs due to a temporary bug. Try restarting both your device and your router to see if you’ll be able to make a connection afterwards.
As for the router, the simplest way to restart it is to unplug it and wait for a couple of minutes, before plugging it back in again. The other option is to press a button on the device.
To reboot your Insignia Roku TV, repeat the same process – unplug it and connect it back again, or do the following:
- Press Home on the remote and find Settings.
- Open Settings and find the System option.
- Select System and select Power from the menu.
- Select System restart.
Check Your Password
This may sound trivial, but sometimes we think we know a password, when we’re actually typing in the wrong one the whole time! Maybe you’ve changed it recently and you’re trying to enter an old one, or you’ve missed a character, a capital letter, or something similar. Therefore, make sure you’re using the correct password!
Update Your Software
Your Insignia Roku TV may be using an old software version, which is interfering with some of the basic functions, like connecting to a Wi-Fi network. Check from updates, and install the latest version of the software, if available.
Note that this update usually happens automatically, but if you haven’t been using your Insignia Roku TV for a while, you may have to do it manually.
Here’s how to do it in a few easy steps:
- Use your Roku remote to open Settings by pressing the Home button and scrolling up or down to find this option.
- After you open Settings, find System and select it.
- Open System update tab.
- Choose the Check Now option and your Roku will check for available updates. If there are any, the download and installation will be completed automatically. Your Roku TV will afterwards restart to finish the process.
Contact Roku Support
In case nothing resolves your problem, you can also contact Roku support via email. Also, if you believe there’s an issue related to your router or Wi-Fi settings, contact your Internet provider and see if they can help you out.
Have you had problems connecting your Insignia Roku TV to your Wi-Fi network? How did you solve the issue? Tell us in the comments section below!