How To Make a Photo Collage in Snapseed
Snapseed is a creative photo editing tool with a lot of cool features. If you look it up online, you’ll find some amazing creations and effects.
Despite all these qualities, Snapseed is missing one key feature – a photo collage maker.
But you don’t have to panic right away. There is still a way to make a photo collage in Snapseed. However, you’ll have to use another tool and this article will explain how.
Making a Photo Collage in Snapseed
Since Snapseed doesn’t have a built-in collage feature, you can’t make a collage as easily as with some other apps. To do it in Snapseed, you are going to have to use the ‘Double Exposure’ tool. This is the only tool that allows you to place multiple images on the same canvas.
So, if you want to make a collage specifically in Snapseed, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapseed app.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to open a photo.
- Select the image. This will be your background photo that should be completely dark by the end. You can pick any image, but the size of this background image will be the size of your collage.
- Tap on the top-left of the screen if you want to open an image from your drive instead.
- Tap ‘Tools’ at the bottom of the screen once the photo loads.
- Look for the ‘Double Exposure’ tool.
- Move the opacity bar to the right. It will make the background dark and the second image solid.
- Tap the checkmark icon on the bottom-right.
- Now press ‘Tools’ > ‘Add Image’ again, and add another piece of your collage.
- Adjust the new image.
- Repeat this process for every new photo in your collage.
Snapseed Collage Has Low Opacity
Note that the ‘Double Exposure’ effect is just a replacement for collage and not its intended purpose. Because of this, the final output may not be up to your expectations.
Also, with each additional photo, the opacity of the previously images will become lower, and also harder to adjust. So you may not want to use this method for more than 3 or 4 images.
You can partially fix this by modifying the brightness. Once you’ve added all your images, do the following:
- Tap ‘Tools’ on the bottom of the screen.
- Select the ‘Tune Image’ option.
- Tap the ‘Tuning’ tool on the bottom of the screen.
- Play around with brightness, contrast, and other bars until you get a satisfying result.
- Tap the checkmark button.
- Press ‘Export’ on the bottom-right of the screen.
- Choose the way you want to use your collage. You can either share it on another app or save it to your drive.
Here’s the story. It’s not a proper collage maker, but it is a fair-enough substitution.
Are There Better Collage Making Tools?
If you want to make a good collage, there is an abundance of apps that are meant to do just that.
You can even make a photo collage in one of these apps and then upload it to Snapseed for further editing and polishing.
Here are some of the best collage apps that would work well with Snapseed:
- Instamag – An easy-to-use app with amazing templates and available for both Android and iOS.
- PicsArt Photo Studio – This is a very popular photo editor with a handy collage feature. Also compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Google Photos: An official Google app that also allows you to make great collage pictures. If you have an Android device, you should already have it on your phone. There’s also a version for iOS that you can download.
Should I Use Snapseed For Collage?
Since there isn’t a built-in collage feature in Snapseed, you need to put a lot more effort into making a collage. It also sometimes won’t look very nice due to its shortcomings as outlined above. If for some reason you have to use Snapseed and nothing else to make a collage, be prepared to play around with additional tools.
The best way to use this app is to make a collage with another tool and then open it ready-made in Snapseed. This way you can use the best of both worlds: Snapseed’s amazing photo editing tools and another app designed for making collages.
If you know of a better way to make a collage in Snapseed or if you have any other tips, we’d love to hear from you. We’ll be checking the comments.