How To Pair Bluetooth Speakers with a Fire HD Tablet
Fire HD is a generation of Amazon tablet computers known for providing an immersive multimedia experience. High-quality audio is guaranteed with these devices.
But if you have Bluetooth speakers, you might be unsure whether it’s possible to pair them with this device. Admittedly, the option is not easy to find. Bluetooth is nonetheless available and you can find it in a few simple taps. This article will explain how to find the Bluetooth option in Amazon Fire HD, and what to do if you encounter connectivity issues.
Pairing Bluetooth Speakers with Fire HD
To successfully pair your Bluetooth speaker with Fire HD, you will need to:
- Check if your Bluetooth device is switched on.
- Set the Bluetooth device to pairing mode. If you don’t know how, you may need to check the manual, considering that not all devices enter pairing mode the same way.
- Swipe down from the top to the bottom of your screen to display the ‘Quick Settings’ bar.
- Tap the ‘Bluetooth’ icon.
- Press ‘On’ beside the ‘Enable Bluetooth’ option.
- Wait as your Fire HD looks for devices to pair with.
- When your Fire HD locates the device, just tap its name under the ‘Available Devices’ menu.
- Navigate through the pairing instructions.
Once your two devices are paired, you should see a small Bluetooth icon on the top right side of your Fire HD display.
Can’t Find Bluetooth Icon
On some versions of Fire HD devices, the Bluetooth icon won’t show up when you slide down the ‘Quick Settings’ menu. Don’t worry, the option is still there. To locate it, you should:
- Swipe down from the top center part of the screen (where the time is displayed).
- Tap the ‘More’ icon in the ‘Quick Settings’ bar.
- Find ‘Wireless’ from the list on the settings menu.
- Tap ‘Bluetooth’ from the ’Wireless’ menu.
- Tap ‘On’ next to ‘Enable Bluetooth’ to turn it on.
Fire HD Can’t Find My Device
If you can’t see your speaker under the ‘Available devices’ section, you should check again if it’s in pairing mode. Sometimes your speaker can be paired with another device, which prevents your Fire HD from locating the device you want to use.
When you make sure that pairing mode is on, tap the ‘Search for Devices’ button under ‘Available devices,’ and wait for the Fire HD to locate the speaker.
Note that Bluetooth microphones and headphones with enabled microphones are not supported by Fire HD.
How to Disconnect Bluetooth Device
Disconnecting your Bluetooth speaker is a fairly easy process. If you want to connect another device, you should:
- Access the ‘Bluetooth’ menu either from the ‘Quick Access’ bar or from the ‘Wireless’ menu.
- Under ‘Available devices,’ locate the paired speaker.
- Tap and hold the paired device, and a dropdown menu should appear.
- Choose ‘Forget device’ to unpair it.
- Enable pairing mode on your other speaker.
- Tap the ‘Search for Devices’ button and wait for the Fire HD to find it.
- Follow the pairing process.
You can always revert back to the previous pairing device by following the same steps.
Fire up the Sound
Most Bluetooth speakers are compatible with Amazon Fire and you should have no trouble pairing the devices.
If your Fire HD is unable to locate, pair, or play the sound from your Bluetooth speakers for some reason, you should contact the Amazon customer support. To do this, go to the Kindle Fire HD troubleshooting page and click the ‘Contact us’ icon on the left.
Do you prefer to listen to audiobooks via headphones or speakers? Share your opinion in the comments.